Intermittent fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent fasting

Does intermittent fasting truly work to help with weight loss. I've read some mixed things about it. There are some people who say that it's good for you and can help you lose weight and regular glucose levels, etc. etc.,, and other research suggests that it doesn't benefit weight loss at all. To make it even more confusing, I've discovered that there are all different ways to do it. For instance, longer and shorter fasting times. If it does work, is there any specific type that is potentially ideal for helping with weight loss?

I think it works. I've seen it work really effectively on several friends. They lose weight steadily and pretty fast (2-ish pounds per week with the way they were doing it). The main problem is that none of the people I know kept it up over time. Every single one did it in 2019 and this year, every single one weighs the same or more than they did before they started. I don't know if those are pandemic pounds or if it's just that intermittent fasting isn't something most people can keep up over time. Either way, it works short term but Ive never seen it work long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
      I think it works. I've seen it work really effectively on several friends. They lose weight steadily and pretty fast (2-ish pounds per week with the way they were doing it). The main problem is that none of the people I know kept it up over time. Every single one did it in 2019 and this year, every single one weighs the same or more than they did before they started. I don't know if those are pandemic pounds or if it's just that intermittent fasting isn't something most people can keep up over time. Either way, it works short term but Ive never seen it work long term.
      That's sort of how I feel about it. It can work, but you got to stay committed to it. It's a lifestyle not a short-term plan for a long-term solution. That said, I've also read research about how it's not that effective, but I think that research is focusing on people who do nothing but intermittent fast, and not those who also watch what they eat and exercise, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        It definitely makes sense that it's something you would have to keep up. A change like that would certainly have to be a lifestyle for it to keep working. Do you happen to know or remember what sort of intermittent fasting your friends did?

Comment

I had a friend who gave herself an 8 hour eating window per day. SHe loved it. She said it worked great. It lasted around 2 months with some mistakes on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
            I had a friend who gave herself an 8 hour eating window per day. SHe loved it. She said it worked great. It lasted around 2 months with some mistakes on weekends.
            Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X