Holiday health and weight loss tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday health and weight loss tips

I'm looking for some health and weight loss tips that I can put into practice over the holiday season. I know this is a common question that's asked a lot, but I wanted to ask it again, because every once in a while someone gives me advice I haven't heard before or thought about doing and I love that. I'm looking for any kinds of tips, from the practical to the more imaginative, anything you might want to share. Thanks in advance!

I think the top tip is not to try to lose weight during the holiday season because if you do, first you'll feel deprived, then you'll just give up on the whole thing and use it as an excuse to eat even more than you normally would have. Instead, allow yourself to experience and indulge in the holidays, but try to be reasonable about it. Have a taste of the stuff you like without gorging on it. Your goal should be to prevent weight gain, not weight loss.

Comment

I think my top tip is that one to two bites is enough. After that point, it's usually just gorging without actually enjoying it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        I think the top tip is not to try to lose weight during the holiday season because if you do, first you'll feel deprived, then you'll just give up on the whole thing and use it as an excuse to eat even more than you normally would have. Instead, allow yourself to experience and indulge in the holidays, but try to be reasonable about it. Have a taste of the stuff you like without gorging on it. Your goal should be to prevent weight gain, not weight loss.
        Thanks for saying so! I took your advice and it worked! I didn't restrict myself from enjoying anything I like, but I did limit how much of it I ate and I was satisfied. I think you're right that the best thing to do during any type of holiday is to just focus on not gaining weight. Weight loss works better with everyday routines. Also, KraftMan, you're one to two bites suggestion is brilliant! I actually have started making desserts so that they are only one or two bites, that way I don't feel like I'm only eating half of something.

Comment

Working...
        X