Stop giving up on your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop giving up on your day

I've been dieting with a friend but she gets discouraged and gives up on her days, deciding to just start fresh tomorrow. She'll have birthday cake at work when it's someone's birthday, but then when she gets hungry later, she will just have chips or something becuase she's "already ruined" her calories for the day with the birthday cake. So she just has whatever she wants for the rest of the day and then starts fresh the next day. The thing is, she doesn't seem to realize how often she does it and how much giving up on herself is holding herself back. She really doesn't believe she does it all that much, but she does it at least once per week if not more. Don't give up on your day. If you have birthday cake in the middle of the day, it's not time to give up. It's time to make smart choices for the rest fo the day. Even if you're still a bit over, at least you're not a lot over!

I agree with you. There's nothing you can do about your friend's attitude. that's up to her. But it's a good idea not to let yourself fall victim to it. We all have to keep up with our own goals.

Comment

I admit that I do that. Probably way more than I even realize it. It's true that we shouldn't do it, but when we've gone so far over the line that you're nowhere near where you should be, it's hard to think of a reason to keep trying for that day. It feels like things need a fresh start to get back on the right track.

Comment

Working...
      X