cooking oil crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooking oil crisis

My meals are getting too high cal because of cooking oils. Any suggestions for how to cut down?

Try using a non-stick cooking spray instead of oil. You can also using oils where a little bit goes a long way, such as sesame oil.

Comment

What about olive oil? I know lots of people are always talking about healthy it is for you and that's a better alternative to a lot of other cooking oils on the market.

Comment

Have you tried coconut oil? Other than that, I'd stick with the olive oil or the cooking spray.

Comment

Really? Oil has a lot of calories? I never really thought of that but I guess it makes a lot of sense. What about olive oil?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
            Really? Oil has a lot of calories? I never really thought of that but I guess it makes a lot of sense. What about olive oil?
            It really does. Olive oil is good for you but it has more calories than butter, even. One tablespoon has around 120 calories. That's about the same as a banana or one and a half hard boiled eggs

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

It really does. Olive oil is good for you but it has more calories than butter, even. One tablespoon has around 120 calories. That's about the same as a banana or one and a half hard boiled eggs

Yikes! That's a lot of calories. I've never paid attention to the calories in olive oil I think I'll start paying attention to how much oil I use from now on.

Comment

Working...
              X