eat on a schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eat on a schedule

As much as you can, you should eat your meals and snacks around the same time every day. While this isn't always possible, for the most part, you shouldn't have a problem making this happen. It may seem odd to have a planned eating routine, but when you do this, you might find it easier to control what you eat and how much of it you eat. When we eat at random times throughout the day, we tend to let ourselves become too hungry and once we're hungry, we often make bad food decisions, eating the wrong foods and eating more than we actually need to satisfy that "starving" feeling. You should never wait until you are hungry to eat. This is a sign that you have waited too long. Just like if you are feeling thirsty, you are suffering from dehydration. You've waited too long to drink water.

That's a good idea. I don't find this hard to do because I have children and I eat when they do so they sort of keep me on a schedule. Mostly my problem is with snacking.That said, I can see how some people who do shift work might find this hard to do. I think it's a little more important to watch what you eat, control your potions and try to eat before you feel like you are starving than it is to eat on a schedule.

Comment

If you mean eat around the same time everyday, such as within and hour to two hour range, I completely support that. If you mean eat at a specific time on the dot, I don't think that's very practical. It may work for some people, but I'm not good with strict routines.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        If you mean eat around the same time everyday, such as within and hour to two hour range, I completely support that. If you mean eat at a specific time on the dot, I don't think that's very practical. It may work for some people, but I'm not good with strict routines.

I mean eat around a similar time, within one to two hours. I don't mean eat at a specific time down to the minute lol. I mean, if you can do that, go for it, but that's not practical for the average person. It's just important to maintain some form of eating schedule. It make it easier to eat better and eat less and it keeps your body on a routine, which makes it more likely that you'll go to the bathroom regularly, obtain proper sleep, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X