Get back into it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get back into it

If you were doing great on a diet and you ended up stopping it and are just feeling guilty and bad about yourself then there is a great way to overcome that. Start again! Get back into it. Just because you didn’t stick to it the first time, it doesn’t mean that you’re done forever.

This is a good attitude to have. the only thing I would add is that when you give it a second go, you might want to consider reanalyzing your goals. Maybe the reason you stopped the first time was because you had unrealistic expectations of yourself. It may be wise to chase after the same goal, but using a different strategy.

Comment

I agree that you should start again. I also think that if you keep failing at the same take, while you should start again, as Troyburger said, you might want to take a new tack. It might not be the end goal that is the problem, but how you go about achieving it. Sometimes we want to see results too quickly and this makes us push ourselves harder at the beginning than we should.

Comment

That's exactly it, Bethie. Too many people give up too easily. If you fail, there is nothing stopping you from trying again. To many people quit too easily. Sometimes I find even when I don't complete a goal on try one, sometimes it takes a third or fourth time until I get there. The point is to keep trying and not to throw in the towel.

Comment

Working...
        X