Synephrine - the good and the bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synephrine - the good and the bad

I have been reading a lot about synephrine recently because it is in a lot of diet pills both under that name and under other names like citrus aurantium and bitter orange. The truth of the matter is that it is a “natural” substance, which makes it sound like it is something safe. It does actually occur within the body. In fact, I believe that it is something that stimulates the “fight or flight” response. So that’s great if you are actually in a situation of physical danger. But I would also like to point out that there is a reason that your body isn’t producing that type of chemical, or adrenaline all the time – it’s hard on your body and it causes effects that are dangerous if they continue for more than a short time. That’s why the FDA has been warning people about it. If you are constantly wired with this type of chemical in your body, you will only cause harm over time. This could end up with mild problems or severe ones. Do yourself a favor and skip the synephrine in all of its forms, unless your doctor tells you that it’s a good idea.

I agree envirotodd. It is a very dangerous ingredient. I find it very upsetting that they use it in so many diet pills on the market. I wish that manufacturers actually cared about the people they r selling 2 & stop caring only about making money.

Comment

I’d also like to point out that you need to be very careful with the way that this ingredient is actually marketed. On product labels, it can show up under the names that i mentioned before like bitter orange and citrus aurantium, but it can also be listed as methyl synephrine. They’re all essentially the same thing or different versions of the same thing.

While these are not considered to be safe to use for the purpose of weight loss (just ask the FDA, webmd, or any other reputable organization like the mayo clinic), they become especially dangerous when they are mixed with caffeine. This means that you not only need to watch for the different names of that one type of ingredient, but you also need to watch for the different versions of caffeine, because sometimes that stimulant is listed as an herb or an extract that contains caffeine.

For example, you should not only avoid the various forms of synephrine, but also those that are combined with caffeine, caffeine anhydrous, yerba mate, guarana, green coffee bean, green tea, and a long list of others. It could increase your risk of things like heart attack and stroke, even if you feel like you are perfectly healthy.

Comment

Working...
      X