Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coconut oil - good or bad for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconut oil - good or bad for weight loss?

Everything that I read about coconut oil is telling me something different. One thing says it’s great for you, the next thing says you should never eat it. One thing says it is horrible for cholesterol, the next thing says it is the secret to weight loss. What’s the truth?

It's my understanding that small amounts are good for you (like a teaspoon a day or something)

Comment

I think it's good for your health but I don't know how great it is for weight loss. Some people think it's good for metabolism

Comment

I think coconut oil is better than other cooking oils. I don't know if it will actually help you to lose weight, but I don't think it will work against you either. Some people prefer to use it instead of other cooking oils because its less fattening.

Comment

Coconut oil can be very good for you. The trick is to make sure that you do not eat too much of it. Have a small touch of it every day instead of a lot of it. If you add half a teaspoon of it to your dinner, for example, then you will be able to take advantage of all of its benefits without overdoing it.

When you use just a little bit of it, it’s great for your skin, it helps you to prevent several kinds of disease from heart disease to some kinds of cancer, and it even is good for boosting your natural protection against UVB rays.

But if you use too much, it can then turn into the same effect as a bad fat. The reason is that it is a medium chain fat. So it’s right in the middle between good fats and bad fats. It has lots of great benefits, though, so don’t just skip out on them because you have heard bad things. Instead, just be careful how much you eat. It’s very simple.

Comment

You always so much great stuff enviroTodd! Naturally, everything you said was true. I just wanted to add that aside from being good for weight loss, coconut oil can also be good for your skin too! I've made homemade lip balm and hand lotions with it!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
              You always so much great stuff enviroTodd! Naturally, everything you said was true. I just wanted to add that aside from being good for weight loss, coconut oil can also be good for your skin too! I've made homemade lip balm and hand lotions with it!
              Thank you BabyButtons. It’s just a matter of caring and I take a great deal of interest in the topic. I pay attention to the latest information and I subscribe to a lot of magazines and newsletters that I read. Natural health is a very important trend and it is picking up as we discover that conventional medicine is very limited.

Comment

Conventional medicine is very limited enviroTodd. Thank goodness we have you

Comment

Conventional medicine is very limited enviroTodd. Thank goodness we have you
                  LOL Thank you BabyButtons. I don’t pretend to be a doctor or a medical expert but I do think that there is a lot that we can learn from the natural world that we would not be able to accomplish if we stuck to conventional medicine, alone.

I think that we have turned our backs on herbs for far too long. It was only the World Wars that stopped us from using the herbs, it has nothing to do with any level of inferiority to chemical medications. It was, after all, a lot easier to store and ship chemical tablets using the technology of that day, than it would have been to use herbs that can spoil much more easily.

With today’s science, we can use herbs that have been standardized into capsules and other types of pills so that we can benefit from them and not risk having them go bad after only a few days.

Comment

Wow! How do you know so much, enviroTodd?? Your responses are always so clever. I had no idea that it was the World Wars that stopped us from using herbs, but now that you say it, it does make a lot of sense. I bet if we all started using herbs a little more often, we'd all be a lot healthier (and a lot thinner)!

Comment

Wow! How do you know so much, enviroTodd?? Your responses are always so clever. I had no idea that it was the World Wars that stopped us from using herbs, but now that you say it, it does make a lot of sense. I bet if we all started using herbs a little more often, we'd all be a lot healthier (and a lot thinner)!
                      Thank you BabyButtons. I think that we all know a lot of things. This just happens to be an area in which I have applied myself to learning. I bet you know a huge amount about other topics that would impress me just as much. Just the fact that you are so interested in these subjects and you ask such intelligent questions tells me that you inform yourself about things and that you are likely someone who knows a lot about things, as well.

In my opinion, health and weight loss are areas where it is very important to know what you’re doing and to understand your options. That way, you’re not blindly believing that something will work or that it is safe, when you could actually be causing yourself considerable harm.

Comment

It is good upto a certain level.

Comment

Working...
                        X