Go back to the basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go back to the basics

I think a lot of us have lost touch with the basics for weight loss. Here’s a reminder: Don’t skip meals, stop relying on fads, and drink lots of water!

So right you are, PamelaPoison! It's so easy to forget the simple rules of losing weight when everyone's got an opinion on how it can be done faster or better and people want to make money. The only other thing I'd add to your list is regular exercise.

Comment

An excellent reminder PamelaPoison! Sometimes we make weight loss a little more complicated than it needs to be

Comment

Thanks, MeSarah and BabyButtons. I think it really is a good idea not to over complicate. That's my biggest way to hold myself back is by thinking too much into things when I should just start with the basics and stick to them.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          Thanks, MeSarah and BabyButtons. I think it really is a good idea not to over complicate. That's my biggest way to hold myself back is by thinking too much into things when I should just start with the basics and stick to them.

Couldn't agree more PamelaPoison. I always do better when I stick to the basics, as well. That said, without fail, at some point I always end up biting off more than I can chew. I always make things complicated when they don't need to be and I have NO idea why I constantly do that to myself. Every time, without fail, I trick myself into thinking that I can handle more than I can. I guess maybe it's because I get bored or because I want to challenge myself...*sigh*

Comment

I agree. I'm way too inclined to over complicate.

Comment

Very true PamelaPoison. What I wonder is why do we feel inclined to go beyond the basics? Why is that we're never satisfied with doing what we know makes the most sense? Sometimes I think we're our own worst enemies. Especially when it comes to weight loss.

Comment

Working...
              X