Anti-bloating tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-bloating tips

Hey everyone. I'm really tired of being bloated all the time and having a puffy tummy. I've been doing really well with my weight loss, but I still feel like I got a fat gut. Aside from lowering my salt intake and staying away from carbonated beverages, is there a diet I can follow that will help me to not be so puffed up all the time? Thanks!

Drink more water. Seriously, drink lots of water. You might not want to, but that's really the best strategy. Lowering your salt intake is good and so is avoiding carbonated drinks. Still, hydrate yourself like crazy and not just for one day. Sip lots of water all day long for several days. Also, don't chew gum and don't use a straw. They cause you to swallow air which makes your body hold onto more gas.

Comment

Some foods make you more bloated than others. Google those and avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        Drink more water. Seriously, drink lots of water. You might not want to, but that's really the best strategy. Lowering your salt intake is good and so is avoiding carbonated drinks. Still, hydrate yourself like crazy and not just for one day. Sip lots of water all day long for several days. Also, don't chew gum and don't use a straw. They cause you to swallow air which makes your body hold onto more gas.

Those are all really good tips Bethie! I knew about drinking more water and lowering your salt, but I didn't realize that chewing gum could cause bloating. It never occurred to me that a lot of air may be swallowed if you chew gum. Even though I didn't ask the question, thanks for the tip!

Comment

I heard digestive enzyme supplements are really good for keeping bloating down. I never tried them before but it was in a magazine last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Thanks Bethie! I had no idea that drinking water can help. I always thought that drinking water would actually just keep me puffy because I'd be retaining so much of it. I'll start drinking more and see what happens. I've already been working on lowering salt and I'll stay away from carbon. Hopefully that'll help

Whirlybird - Thanks for mentioning the digestive enzymes. I've never heard of those before. If I'm still having trouble with bloating after making other changes I may just give those a try

Comment

Working...
            X