You don't need to workout everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't need to workout everyday

I find that one of the biggest challenges of losing weight is exercise. Most of us start off really enthusiastically but once we hit that wall and the motivation wears off, the idea of having to exercise is less than appealing. Keep in mind that while you should definitely be physically active every day becaue it's good for your health, you don't have to do an intense workout ever single day to get in shape or lose weight. Head out for a 30 minute walk everyday to get your heart rate up but you can limit your more intense routines to tree days a week. Honestly, even yoga once a week will get your more flexible and stronger with time. Don't overdo it. Give yourself the chance to look forward to your exercise.
    Last edited by Firefly77; 09-12-2016, 04:02 PM.

I agree. I find that if I build a routine around it I will stick to it a lot more. I walk every weekday morning before heading to work. It was a bit tedious at first but now I look forward to it. It's just a normal part of my day. At the same time, I do strength training - floor work and hand weights - while I'm watching TV once on the weekend and once mid-week. I just do it while I'm paying attention to the show so it goes by pretty quickly. I also do yoga on the weekend. It's a great way to unwind and shake off any tension that built up over the week. I feel taller and healthier after I do it.

Comment

Working out every day is actually really bad for your muscles. You're so much more likely to get an injury. Plus, if you do it obsessively, you'll hate it after a while

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        Working out every day is actually really bad for your muscles. You're so much more likely to get an injury. Plus, if you do it obsessively, you'll hate it after a while

That's exactly what I think PamelaPoision. I've actually had both of those things happen to me. I was so charged to lose weight fast that I worked out intensely for two solid weeks every and I hurt myself and I was really sick of the exercises...to the point that I was almost glad that I was injured so I had an excuse not to do it anymore. It really is best to just take it slow. It is reeeeeeaaaallllyyy hard to be patient with weight loss but slow and steady really is the way to go. You've got it made if you're like enviroTodd and manage to make your exercise a normal part of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I agree. I find that if I build a routine around it I will stick to it a lot more. I walk every weekday morning before heading to work. It was a bit tedious at first but now I look forward to it. It's just a normal part of my day. At the same time, I do strength training - floor work and hand weights - while I'm watching TV once on the weekend and once mid-week. I just do it while I'm paying attention to the show so it goes by pretty quickly. I also do yoga on the weekend. It's a great way to unwind and shake off any tension that built up over the week. I feel taller and healthier after I do it.

Wow! It really sounds like you've got your exercise routine figured out enviroTodd! I'm envious. Do you walk every day by yourself or with a friend? I'm only wondering because I find I'm terrible at sticking to walking every day when it's just me. I'm good for about a week but then my motivation just falls right off! What's your secret?

Comment

I'm glad everyone agrees

And I have to agree with you BabyButtons. It does sound like he's found his exercise groove!

Comment

Working...
            X