How to get out sweat stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get out sweat stains

Okay I know this isn't really a weight loss question but it's sort-of related to it cause it has to do with an exercise issue. I sweat a lot when I work out and I love this white yoga top I have. It's the most comfy one I own, but it's getting sweat stains that I find repellent! Is there a way that I can prevent them from forming and how do I get out the ones that are already there? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Have you ever tried soap nuts? Those things are used instead of detergent and fabric softener. When I switched, even my dingy sweats started coming back to life again. It takes away months worth of sweat and body oils. It's really amazing. Even my white tees are coming back again to the point that I wouldn't have worn them out of the house and now I consider them perfectly usable. They are completely environmentally friendly and natural. They're good for if you have skin problems, and they don't bug that either. I like that when you'er done with using them (you reuse them 4 times) you just compost them and that's it.

Comment

Have you tried scrubbing the stains with one part dish soap and two parts hydrogen peroxide? If let that soak in the stain and give it a scrub with a nail brush it comes out pretty good in the wash.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        Have you ever tried soap nuts? Those things are used instead of detergent and fabric softener. When I switched, even my dingy sweats started coming back to life again. It takes away months worth of sweat and body oils. It's really amazing. Even my white tees are coming back again to the point that I wouldn't have worn them out of the house and now I consider them perfectly usable. They are completely environmentally friendly and natural. They're good for if you have skin problems, and they don't bug that either. I like that when you'er done with using them (you reuse them 4 times) you just compost them and that's it.

Really soap nuts? I've never even heard of that before! Are they actually nuts that work like soap? That sounds so environmentally friendly. Please tell me more I'm curious haha. And where do you learn about all this stuff enviroTodd??

Comment

Soap nuts definitely work like soap. I consider them more effective. Since I've been using them, I've removed stains and overall dinginess that had been building up over time back when I was using regular soap detergent. I also find they act like fabric softener too so I don't use either of the traditional products anymore. Just the soap nuts. I'm glad I'm helping you, Babybuttons.

I learn about this stuff the same way you do. By listening and paying attention. I heard about soap nuts on tv. It was actually a reality show that I hate now so I won't say which one it is because it just spreads negative energy. But at least one good thing came of it and that was that I found out that soap nuts exist. I just keep listening and now and again I hear about something new and green. If it sounds good enough, I try it. It's important not to be afraid to test new things. Some of them aren't great. Now and again, they're amazing.

Comment

I just use a pre-treatment and wash normally. It's simplest for me

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
              Soap nuts definitely work like soap. I consider them more effective. Since I've been using them, I've removed stains and overall dinginess that had been building up over time back when I was using regular soap detergent. I also find they act like fabric softener too so I don't use either of the traditional products anymore. Just the soap nuts. I'm glad I'm helping you, Babybuttons.

I learn about this stuff the same way you do. By listening and paying attention. I heard about soap nuts on tv. It was actually a reality show that I hate now so I won't say which one it is because it just spreads negative energy. But at least one good thing came of it and that was that I found out that soap nuts exist. I just keep listening and now and again I hear about something new and green. If it sounds good enough, I try it. It's important not to be afraid to test new things. Some of them aren't great. Now and again, they're amazing.

This is truly fascinating enviroTodd. I can't believe that these nuts not only work like soap but that they actually do a better job than regular detergents! I need to try this. Where did you buy yours? I'm going to assume I won't find this at my local supermarket. Are they in specialty stores like health stores? Also, are they expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Have you tried scrubbing the stains with one part dish soap and two parts hydrogen peroxide? If let that soak in the stain and give it a scrub with a nail brush it comes out pretty good in the wash.

Thanks for this Bean. I'm going to try this out!

Whirlybird - I have tried a pre-treatment stain remover, but it hasn't helped

enviroTodd - The soap nuts sounds really interesting but I have no idea where to buy those and I kind like the detergent I'm currently using so I'm looking for more of a spot treatment than an actual new soap product. That said, this does sound really interesting and I'm glad you suggested it anyway. When I am ready to make a switch to a new soap, I must just give those a try as long as they're not too expensive and they're easy to come by.

Comment

Working...
                X