Sleep makes weight loss SO much easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep makes weight loss SO much easier

If you want to lose weight, your first priority isn’t diet and it isn’t exercise. It’s sleep! When you sleep every night, the other stuff is SO much easier. What a difference!

Yes!!! This is so true!! I honestly couldn't agree with your more MadMike. If you don't get sleep you'll never lose the weight that you want to lose and you also won't feel at your best or be the healthiest you can be. Sleep matters a lot to your productivity, your digestion, hunger, emotions, hormones, etc. Sleep is really important to weight loss!

Comment

If you don't get sleep can this actually cause you to gain weight?

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post
        If you don't get sleep can this actually cause you to gain weight?
        YES! It totally can. It's not that it makes you just automatically gain fat, but it has been proven in a ton of studies to make you make poor eating choices, you crave fatty and sweet foods, you eat more and you're more likely to store fat. Plus when you're tired, you're stressed, so there's the hormonal issue. Also if you're tired, you're less likely to exercise or when you do, you won't put as much into it so you won't burn as much!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

YES! It totally can. It's not that it makes you just automatically gain fat, but it has been proven in a ton of studies to make you make poor eating choices, you crave fatty and sweet foods, you eat more and you're more likely to store fat. Plus when you're tired, you're stressed, so there's the hormonal issue. Also if you're tired, you're less likely to exercise or when you do, you won't put as much into it so you won't burn as much!
          Okay this makes a lot of sense. No wonder I always crave fast food when I'm tired! Thanks for pointing this out Whirlybird

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

Okay this makes a lot of sense. No wonder I always crave fast food when I'm tired! Thanks for pointing this out Whirlybird
            Me too! There isn't a pizza I won't eat when I've had very little sleep the night before! That definitely explains it

Comment

Can't talk. Have to go sleep! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                Can't talk. Have to go sleep! haha
                LOL, LOL! No idea why Bonnie but that really made me laugh. I'd love to have regular sleep but my work schedule is all over the place and I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a night on average. That said, I am pretty sure that is hasn't helped my weight loss efforts.

Comment

It's funny. Right before I came to this forum today, I read this medical study: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0182195 It's about how longer sleep makes for lower BMI and better metabolic rates! So I couldn't agree more with you that sleep helps you lose weight and apparently scientists agree, too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post

LOL, LOL! No idea why Bonnie but that really made me laugh. I'd love to have regular sleep but my work schedule is all over the place and I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a night on average. That said, I am pretty sure that is hasn't helped my weight loss efforts.
                    I made you laugh because I'm funny, of course I hope you get a better sleep tonight. 😘

Comment

Working...
                    X