Embrace the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embrace the future

To achieve the weight you want in the future, you must accept that you are on a path facing forward. To reach your goal you must take steps in the right direction, or time will pass and you won’t advance.

Embrace the future by knowing what steps need to be taken to arrive at your intended destination. Then, once you have planned your route, take that first step, then the next one, and continue on. Travel ahead with time. Don’t let it pass you by.

Good tip, enviroTodd. I agree that if you really want to reach your goals you need to think about the future and stop chasing after past dreams or letting old mistakes and failures define you.

Comment

That's pretty good advice. So essentially you're saying to forget about your past weight loss goals and focus on working towards goals that make the most sense to your future?

Comment

U got it enviroTodd!

Comment

Hmmm...move onwards and upwards, not a bad tip. I like that. It's like saying: "Keep your fat in the past". Good one eT!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
            U got it enviroTodd!
            I'm glad we are all in agreement about this. Too many people don't seem to understand this fact and end up in a never ending problem cycle. It holds them back and constricts their ability to achieve any of their health and weight loss goals.

Speeddemon, should I be calling you SD? As a note, I am not an extraterrestrial. I am taller than they are.

SuzieQ, that's exactly what I mean. It is a positive progression instead of a negative blockage.

TroyBurger, you have understood it exactly. I hope you're embracing it so that you can shed your past, your problems, and the excess weight in one breath.

BabyButtons, are you single?

Comment

Great Advice enviroTodd! Too many people focus on past goals and forget that their current lifestyle may no longer make sense to those goals any more. You have to keep altering your goals to make sure they work for you and are the most realistic to your present, so they make the most sense to your future!

Comment

Hahaha enviroTodd! Yes! U r my kind of guy & funny

Comment

Sure, you can call me SD if you want to, and for the record, not all extraterestials are small and you are big on embracing the future lol. That said, you're a good sport eT. There's another tip for all the dieters out there. A good sense of humor goes a long way in helping you look on the brighter side of life when you feel like giving up!

Comment

ChristySmiles: that is exactly the thing. It is too easy to live only in the present, forgetting the past and ignoring the impact on the future. Embracing all of these and always looking ahead is they key to overall happiness and to making sure that we reach our goals.

BabyButtons:

SD: Maybe I am an eT because I am agreeing with you again SD. Only an eT could do that! A sense of humor is very important for remaining motivated. Taking life too seriously will only darken your energies and your mood. You will become lost in details and forget to live lightly. Isn't being lighter why we're all on this forum?

Comment

Working...
                    X