nonprescription appetite suppressants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nonprescription appetite suppressants

Which ingredients are the best for suppressing the appetite in non-prescription pills? I’ve heard stimulants like caffeine anhydrous are good. Anyone else have an opinion? Please don’t say hoodia. Tried it and hated it.

I've had some luck with caffeine anhydrous in pill formulas. The trick with that one isn't the ingredient, because it works. You just have to make sure that you're shopping with a manufacturer that is reputable so that you know that the right amount of it has been used and it has been combined with the right other ingredients.

That ingredient has been studied for thirty years or more and is well understood for being an energy booster and an appetite suppressant and even a temporary metabolism booster. But if you have too little, it won't do enough to actually cause weight loss. If there is too much, you'll get side effects like you would from drinking way too much coffee.

So ya, that's definitely a good ingredient, but it's got to be used properly to work

Comment

Hmm...that's interesting to know TinaDancer. I was wondering about that ingredient myself, as I've seen it popping up a lot lately.

I recently found out that Cinnamon is supposed to be helpful in terms of suppressing the appetite, part of this is because it apparently helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. And high sugar levels and huger is related. Real cinnamon and not cinnamon extract is supposed to be best. Sorry I can't actually recommend any weight loss pills with cinnamon as an ingredient. I believe there are supplements though. I've never tried them and have no idea of their actual effectiveness, but I thought you might be interested - at least it's not hoodia

Comment

Wow thanks TinaDancer and TroyBurger. That helps a lot. I've been considering a couple of diet pills and they both have caffeine anhydrous, so that actually makes my life a bit easier. Troyburger, do you know if cinnamon helps if you actually sprinkle the stuff on your food?

Comment

I think it works the same if you sprinkle it on your food. Just make sure that it's mixed properly. Don't do something like eat it straight up. It can acutually cause you lung damage if you breathe in powdered cinnamon!

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
            I think it works the same if you sprinkle it on your food. Just make sure that it's mixed properly. Don't do something like eat it straight up. It can acutually cause you lung damage if you breathe in powdered cinnamon!
            I've heard that too! People went through a trend of daring each other to swallow ground cinnamon and hundreds ended up in the hospital. The things people do!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
              Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
              I've heard that too! People went through a trend of daring each other to swallow ground cinnamon and hundreds ended up in the hospital. The things people do!
              I heard about that. It was one of those youtube things that went viral. People do some freaky things! I've tasted ground cinnamon (a small amount) jsut off my finger and it tastes like spicy dirt. I have no idea why anyone would EVER want to do that.

Comment

That's exactly what I was referring to. I really don't understand the motivation that some people have. But then again, if I hadn't read about what they were doing, I never would have thought that cinnamon could be dangerous!

Comment

Working...
                X