Will Tirzepatide be approved soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Tirzepatide be approved soon?

I keep reading that Eli Lilly is doing great in trials of Tirzepatide for obesity. Will it be approved soon if all goes well? Like, will it be this year or is there still a really long time before we'd ever actually see it?

They're just about to publish the results of their latest study findings, aren't they? Or did they already do that. The SURMOUNT-1 clinical trial is still going, but the latest outcomes they shared from it showed pretty much that it's a record breaker. I think it was intended as a diabetes medication but the other benefits just couldn't be ignored. I'm excited to see where this goes. The other obesity diet pills that came out in the last few years seem so dubious. They even had to stop one of them after it had already been approved.

Comment

It's about time something good comes along. I hope this one actually works and doesn't just end up hurting people

Comment

That sounds good. what has it shown to do so far? I wouldn't be able to use it, but I'm curious.

Comment

I believe this drug was just approved by the FDA. It is a diabetes drug that has also shown helpful for obesity treatment. The brand name for it is Mounjaro

Comment

That was fast What are the side effects? Is it just for obesity treatment or also overweight people?

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
              I believe this drug was just approved by the FDA. It is a diabetes drug that has also shown helpful for obesity treatment. The brand name for it is Mounjaro
              It's been approved, but only for type 2 diabetes treatment. It's still being studied for obesity treatment. It's promising, but it's not approved for that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

It's been approved, but only for type 2 diabetes treatment. It's still being studied for obesity treatment. It's promising, but it's not approved for that yet.
                I read the same thing. It's a diabetes 2 drug but they're researching it for future obesity use. That research is pretty early on though.

Comment

It looks like this one is getting a lot of good weight loss results. Are the side effects bad with this one? The US really needs a good obesity drug that doesn't come with heavy addiction risk or side effects.

Comment

It's getting a lot of headlines. Maybe it's further along in its research than they're letting on!

Comment

I bet they will find some way to rush it along. It's getting so much attention and it looks very promising. Obesity is a disease that really needs help in this country.

Comment

This seems to have dropped out of the headlines. DId it not work or has there just not been any progress to report on yet?

Comment

Working...
                        X