New drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drugs

Does anyone know if there's going to be a new prescription diet drug coming to the market? It seems like it's been a while since there's been an FDA-approved drug for weight loss.

That's a good question .Probably. They've approved 2 in the last few years. Probably mroe coming

Comment

I heard something in the news about Contrave recently. Is that out yet or just being tested?

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
        I heard something in the news about Contrave recently. Is that out yet or just being tested?

Contrave? I've never even heard of that. What does that one do? Is it another appetite suppressant?

Comment

It's a new prescrip. drug that just combines 2 other drugs that were already approved on their own. SO this one just mixes them. Contrave is naltrexone HCl and bupropion HCl. IMO, they don't understand it enough yet to make it legal to use by people, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            It's a new prescrip. drug that just combines 2 other drugs that were already approved on their own. SO this one just mixes them. Contrave is naltrexone HCl and bupropion HCl. IMO, they don't understand it enough yet to make it legal to use by people, but that's just my opinion.

I'd never heard of Contrave either. Thanks for explaining what it is brightstar. I have to agree with you that I don't think it sounds very safe either. Just because you combine two approved drugs doesn't mean that mixing them is a good idea... I mean both bleach and vinegar may great bacteria killing agents on their own...but combining them is a badddd idea.

Comment

yup, I've never heard of it either haha. I hope this is actually a good drug and it isn't just made to sell more. That thought always makes me nervous

Comment

Working...
              X