What is Hot Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Hot Yoga

Is hot yoga actually doing yoga in a super-hot environment? Also, if it is, what real benefit does that offer? Do you just sweat more and lose more water weight or something?

It really is. It's doing yoga in a very warmly heated room. You sweat. A lot . And so does everyone else. It's quite the experience. Some people absolutely love it but it's not for everyone. You sweat from places you didn't know you could! You do lose water weight when you do it but it's important to rehydrate. That won't make you gain water weight back but it will stop you from passing out!

Comment

That doesn't sound even slightly enjoyable or relaxing. Is it just me or does that sound more stressful and difficult than something that would ease the body and mind?

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
        That doesn't sound even slightly enjoyable or relaxing. Is it just me or does that sound more stressful and difficult than something that would ease the body and mind?
        I agree that doesn't sound nice to me at all. I find it hard staying in hot tubs for too long and I find saunas oppressive and I'm not moving around in either of those. Yuck. That sounds like a misery and does anyone like sweating profusely??

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post

I agree that doesn't sound nice to me at all. I find it hard staying in hot tubs for too long and I find saunas oppressive and I'm not moving around in either of those. Yuck. That sounds like a misery and does anyone like sweating profusely??
          I feel the same way about hot tubs. Saunas are impossible. It's so hot it feels like you can't even breathe!

Comment

that sounds like a disaster. Do people really like this and keep it up, or is it more like goat yoga? A gimmicky fad?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
              that sounds like a disaster. Do people really like this and keep it up, or is it more like goat yoga? A gimmicky fad?
              Goat yoga??? What in the world is that??

Comment

Working...
              X