Jogging - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jogging - Good or Bad?

I see people jogging all the time and it looks like it would be a good form of exercise and I imagine you burn more calories from jogging than you do walking. However, what I'm wondering is isn't jogging killer on the knees? In the long run, are you causing more harm than good to your body if you jog?

Jogging is a serious knee buster. If you are already having any issues with your knee joints, I wouldn’t recommend it. Also, if you’re going to jog, you need to make sure you have the right shoes that won’t just provide you with good grip but will properly absorb the shock from your feet impacting the ground. You also don’t want to push yourself too far too fast.

Comment

I can't stand jogging. I think that walking is far better. Jogging does burn a lot more calories but that's just it, you'll bust up your knees over time. Jogging is far better than running. My recommendation is that if you want to start jogging, talk to a personal training who will show you how. Ther eis a right way to use your stride and a wrong way, if you do it the right way, you'll do less harm to yourself.

Comment

As long as you're in good enough shape, jogging is a great way to burn calories and you can cover the same distance as walking in a fraction of the time!

Comment

If you're not sure if you should be jogging, I have a solution for you. Boring as it sounds, talk to your doctor. Then you'll at least know if you should jog, what shoes you should wear, and if you should wear knee braces.

Comment

Jogging can help you lose more calories faster, but it is a lot harder on your body. I'd recommend power walking if you're really not sure about jogging.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I think I might just do alternative exercises instead of jogging. I really don't want to mess up my knees.

Comment

Working...
              X