Dancing and weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing and weight loss

Can anyone recommend a good style of dance for weight loss that's not too difficult, but that will burn calories? One of my friend's recommended ballroom dancing, but I don't think I'm quite up for that. LOL

Try belly dancing! It’s a lot of fun and you really move your body. You don’t need a lot of coordination or rhythm to do it. If you can swing your hips, you’re good to go!

Comment

Another fun one is pole dancing lol. It sounds silly, but it's a lot of fun and it gets you moving

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post
        Another fun one is pole dancing lol. It sounds silly, but it's a lot of fun and it gets you moving
        ...pole dancing? Really? I didn't even know classes were offered for that.

My dance recommendation is Salsa. I've had a lot of fun with that one.

Comment

I think I like the sound of a pole dancing class...even belly dancing. I think I’d be motivated to join either one of those classes lol

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            I think I like the sound of a pole dancing class...even belly dancing. I think I’d be motivated to join either one of those classes lol
            SD, you do what you need to do to burn off those calories. Just remember that drooling doesn't count as cardio.

Comment

Salsa dancing is good or break dancing if you're willing to get broken haha. Anything that really gets you moving around is good. For that matter, ball room dancing could look slow, but it'll get you sweating after a bit. I personally don't like dancing but my sister is all over it.

Comment

Try step aerobics. You'll get a workout and feel like you're dancing all in one.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                  SD, you do what you need to do to burn off those calories. Just remember that drooling doesn't count as cardio.
                  LOL enviroTodd

Thanks everyone

Comment

SD, you do what you need to do to burn off those calories. Just remember that drooling doesn't count as cardio.[/QUOTE]

LOL! eT, I think drooling counts and if I drool and pole dance or belly dance at the same time, it’s bound to help me burn twice the calories. It’s a great way for me to get my natural energies flowing, don’t you think?

Comment

Envirotodd and Speeddemon, you guys are nuts haha.

That said, I think that all kinds of dancing are great cardio. Have a good time with whatever you try, Teensytiff!

Comment

LOL! eT, I think drooling counts and if I drool and pole dance or belly dance at the same time, it’s bound to help me burn twice the calories. It’s a great way for me to get my natural energies flowing, don’t you think?
                        [/QUOTE]

OMG, you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X