Quiet Workout Equipment for Apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Workout Equipment for Apartment

What is the quietest but still effective gym equipment for an apartment that is practically made out of paper there is so much sound transfer? I can't use anything that will thump or make a lot of vibrations in the floor because there is a nice person who lives downstairs that I don't want to drive crazy for a half hour every day. I have a bit of space to work with, but not a whole room or anything. Please, please give good suggestions!

For strength training, getting yourself a set of dumbbells is good, because unless you drop them on the floor...they should be very quiet.

For cardio, I would suggest taking brisk walks or even jog outside if possible, especially on days with weather that's good or not too horrible. For instance, don't let a bit of rain, wind or chilly weather stop you.

For cardio inside, maybe get a strider machine. They are quiet and don't vibrate and can easily be folded up when not in use. They're also fairy inexpensive and if you put a foam mat or two underneath it, this will dampen any potential noise even further.

For flexibility, strength - Get a yoga mat and some yoga bands and a block. You can easily do quiet yoga floor work as this type of exercise is all about being gentle. No jumping jacks or pounding involved.

Hope those suggestions help a little!

Comment

Use a resistance band and you can do a spectrum of exercises and workouts without any sound at all.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        Use a resistance band and you can do a spectrum of exercises and workouts without any sound at all.
        I have to agree, if you need to be ultra quiet when you exercise, it's probably best to avoid actual machines. Yoga, dumbbells and resistance bands are all good. For cardio, just try to get out to walk as much as you can.

Comment

I think pretty much all machines will make some kind of noise. Maybe one of the eliptical machines with the magnetic systems instead of the louder fan ones would be better? I'm not sure if that's just quieter in the room or also through the floor. What about one of those tiny under-desk pedaling things that are supposed to act like a stationary bike? You could put a foam pad down underneath?

Comment

Working...
          X