Great winter exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great winter exercises

We've had our first big snowfall where I live and I'm wondering about some exercises I can do in the winter that would be good for me physically and mentally. All I can think of is skiing, but that's not really something I like doing. What else is there?

Wow, snow already? I guess it's not really that early. I mean, November is nearly done. Still, it feels very early .This year is messed up. I think going out and just walking in that snow would be great for you. Breathe the air, look around at the snow and just walk with the added challenge!

Comment

Do you have snowshoes? You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon if you get the aluminum ones and they're very light and small. What about tubing?!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        Wow, snow already? I guess it's not really that early. I mean, November is nearly done. Still, it feels very early .This year is messed up. I think going out and just walking in that snow would be great for you. Breathe the air, look around at the snow and just walk with the added challenge!
        I think this is actually the best idea. It won't cost you anything and it will be more challenging to walk with all the snow on the ground. Sometimes, the best thing we can do for ourselves is just go outside, breathe in the fresh air and walk! Right now, it might also be the safest option, because winter activities like skiing, skating, tubing, snowboarding, etc. typically require you to rent these items, which means you need to go to a place that has other people engaging in the same activities.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I think this is actually the best idea. It won't cost you anything and it will be more challenging to walk with all the snow on the ground. Sometimes, the best thing we can do for ourselves is just go outside, breathe in the fresh air and walk! Right now, it might also be the safest option, because winter activities like skiing, skating, tubing, snowboarding, etc. typically require you to rent these items, which means you need to go to a place that has other people engaging in the same activities.
          Well said. I don't get snow where I am. Only when I travel. But I can tell you that walking in the snow and ice is a lot more than a walk down the street on a sidewalk or even on a path. If you've got snow on the ground and you can get out for a good walk, you're already getting a workout. Just wear good boots.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Well said. I don't get snow where I am. Only when I travel. But I can tell you that walking in the snow and ice is a lot more than a walk down the street on a sidewalk or even on a path. If you've got snow on the ground and you can get out for a good walk, you're already getting a workout. Just wear good boots.
            Exactly! Plus, this is a great time of year to go waling, especially in the evening to see all the Christmas lights

Comment

Make a snowman! Oh my gosh, please make a snowman! You use your whole body and it's so much fun to feel like a kid. Get creative about how it's decorated!

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
                Make a snowman! Oh my gosh, please make a snowman! You use your whole body and it's so much fun to feel like a kid. Get creative about how it's decorated!
                You definitely got that Frozen song stuck in my head...
                Do any of the stuff you used to do as a kid in snow. Run around in it. Make a fort. Make a snowman. Make a snow angel. Go skating. Go snowshoeing. Get a krazy karpet at the dollar store and slide down the nearest hill that doesn't end in a tree or a road. Play!

Comment

Working...
                X