Why do I suddenly lose interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I suddenly lose interest?

I go through long stretches that I love my daily workouts. I love how they make me feel and I enjoy doing them. Then, suddenly, I don't want to do them at all, even though I enjoy them when I force myself to. But it's nearly impossible to force myself to. What's happening with me?

I think we all go through phases like that. As much as you can, try to push yourself to do it anyway. But if you really don't want to, don't be afraid to give yourself a day off - as long as you don't do it very much . That should be a rare thing. That way, you won't turn your workout into the feeling of a chore. In fact, if you really don't want to do a cardio workout one day, consider doing something you would rather do, instead, provided it's active. Do yoga, go for a walk, etc.

Comment

Maybe you're repeating the same thing too much. Try mixing it up so the routine always feels fresh and you don't feel like you're just always dragging yourself out for the exact same thing.

Comment

On days when you don't feel like it, don't let yourself off the hook. You're building a trend for yourself. If you aren't ready to do a half hour workout, make yoruself do a five minute workout instead. Run on the spot as hard as you can for just five minutes. Just five minutes! That's nothing and then it's done. You can move on with your life, but you still kept the mindset that you MUST do a workout. Lift weights while sitting on the couch and watching a movie. Do what you need to do, but don't skip it. Once you always do your workouts, it's ok to take a day off, but until you've built the habit, you need to keep it up no matter what until it happens naturally.

Comment

It happens to everyone with nearly anything. You'll get it back. Let spring inspire you. Don't give up. Know that even if your motivation blips, it will come back

Comment

Working...
          X