I need motivation, it's just not happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need motivation, it's just not happening

I want to exercise regularly. I do walk every day but I want to do some strength training and maybe some more intense cardio. But I just can't seem to get myself to move. I don't have time in the morning and already get up extremely early, so I can't get up earlier (5am!). When I do have a bit of time later, I'm just too tired to do it. I'd love helpful tips!

Start by focusing on just making a habit out of it. Don't push yourself too hard. You'll just get overwhelmed and not want to do any of it at all. Start by telling yourself you'll do 1 minute of a move like just using hand weights. You can even choose something you can do while you sit on the couch and watch tv. Just promise yourself that you'll do that 1 minute a couple or three times per week. If you're motivated to do more, great. If you're not, that's ok as long as you do that one minute. The whole point is just to work it into your life. Then, you can build from there. It's the habit that matters.

Comment

I was going to recommend a program I like but then when I read what BabyButtons wrote, I think she has a better idea. Ease your way into it. WHen you have the habit, then you can tinker with what you'll actually do. I'd say also to focus on exercises you don't mind doing at first. The most convenient ones. YOu'll be least likely to dread those ones.

Comment

Visualize your goal and think of every one of your workouts or activity sessions to be a footprint along the path to get there.

Comment

Doing any better? Did you find your motivation again? Updates wanted!

Comment

I found that watching the 100 days series by john green on youtube, it got me wanting to move. It's old but it still worked for me. Maybe you can find something like that to work for you. So you'll feel like you're doing it alongside someone else you like or relate to. forget the wil smith one. It started off somewhat normal and relatable, then his constant need to level up kicked in and it doesn't include a healthy path or anything most of us could do in reality. I mean, go ahead and watch that if you want, just don't do it for motivation. I found it actually cut into my motivation instead of boosting it up. Try to find one where the person is facing similar challenges to yours. That's why the john green one worked for me. He was really out of shape lOL.

Comment

Working...
            X