How not to get muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to get muscles

I know that strength training is really important to health and weight loss, but I don’t want big ugly muscles. What should I do?

Do you mean that you don't want any muscles at all, or just not big gladiator ones? Big ones won't just happen. You're safe

Comment

If you're worried about bulking up from lifting weights, don't continue to increase the size of the weights you use. Usually if you go past 10 pounds you could start adding more bulk to your build. Also, it depends on how many times you work out these muscles. That said, ChefMel is right, unless you're training to be a body builder or something, you won't magically sprout large muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        If you're worried about bulking up from lifting weights, don't continue to increase the size of the weights you use. Usually if you go past 10 pounds you could start adding more bulk to your build. Also, it depends on how many times you work out these muscles. That said, ChefMel is right, unless you're training to be a body builder or something, you won't magically sprout large muscles.
        Sorry, WolfMoon, but that's actually a myth. It is a really common one, and it does make logical sense, but that's not the way that it works. Many women think that holding back on their weight size will stop them from bulking up but that is completely untrue. You really won't bulk up by accident. That takes a huge amount of effort and dedication and requires special dietary changes.

Comment

Working...
        X