8 Minutes in the Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Minutes in the Morning

Has anyone ever tried the 8 Minutes in the Morning exercise workout from Jorge Cruise? I was wondering if it actually does anything of if it's just another weight loss gimmick from a celebrity for the purpose of selling books.

My friend tried this and said she really liked it because it was easy to do. She says that she did lose weight, but only a little bit. She also said that her body was a little more flexible and stronger. I think it only focuses on strength training exercises though. So you won't get any cardio. It's not an actual full fitness program, if that's what you were wondering.

Comment

While I'd be the first one to bash this type of plan, I've got to admit I've heard some good things. This isn't in any way a miracle for weight loss, but it is possible to actually lose weight by following this plan. Exercising in the morning does help to get your metabolism working. That said, as Charlotte pointed out, this isn't a real fitness program, it's more of a jumping off point for beginners.

Comment

I did the 8 minutes in the morning thing for about 3 months before I started doing my own version of it that is slightly different but that works better for me. The eating part of it is really not even worth checking out (if you get the whole program, not just the fitness part), but it’s a great way to get your day off on the right foot, especially if you just don’t know where to start with your exercise. Then you can do a little bit of an exercise later in the day, and you can feel good about yourself.

Comment

I've never even heard of this. I have a hard time believing that only working out for 8 minutes in the morning would help you lose weight. Wouldn't you need to exercise a lot more than that to really lose weight?

Comment

I think the 8 minutes is just a jumping off point. It's not the whole thing

Comment

I agree, 8 minutes is too little. YOu need to think bigger for realistic weight loss and maintenance

Comment

thanks everyone. I also agree that 8 minutes is too little, but I guess if you're just starting out it's not such a bad way to begin. I think I might research it a little more.

Comment

Working...
                X