Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of yoga is best?

Hi Everybody it's great to meet you!

I've just got one question for now. I want to start doing yoga because the benefits are so good. I have never done it before and my flexibility is good but not great. I was going to order a video and get started until I found out that there are like a dozen differnet kinds of yoga! Does anyone know which one is the best one for a beginner who can't turn into a pretzel quite yet?

Thank you and have a great day!

Hey TammyBear! Great to meet you too!

I absolutely LOVE yoga! I swear it's one of the best things I ever did for my body When I first started I found the type of yoga called Hatha to be the best. It was a great introduction to yoga because it's really slow paced and it's gentle on the body. It essentially teaches you the basics of yoga and gets you used to all the breathing techniques and basic relaxation poses. Once you get accustomed to that, you can then move on to bigger challenges. Take it slow, and let your body tell you when you're ready to be a "pretzel"

Comment

Hi y'all! I agree with Christy, Tammy. Hatha really is good for beginners. It sure made me a lot limber haha!

Comment

I don't know what kind it is, but have you seen Rodney Yee? The guy's got to have 70 videos out and a lot of them are free on Youtube. His stuff has worked for me, and the beginner stuff is appropriate for someone who hasn't got a clue what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          I don't know what kind it is, but have you seen Rodney Yee? The guy's got to have 70 videos out and a lot of them are free on Youtube. His stuff has worked for me, and the beginner stuff is appropriate for someone who hasn't got a clue what they're doing.
          OMG YESSS! That guy is so hot. I can watch him do yoga for hours... uh and he's also very skilled and you can learn a lot from him lol

Comment

Am I the only guy who doesn't think that he'll be using a Rodney Yee video from now on?

Comment

No dude, you’re really not alone there. There are just things I don’t wanna watch a guy do. That’s just too much bending and stretching.

Comment

LOL I don't think that he's a threat to your masculinity, guys. But he is great eye candy for those of us who appreciate...yoga

Comment

• ChristySmiles
                  ChristySmiles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen to that, ChefMel!
              Working...
              X