Fresh pasta recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh pasta recipes

I've recently fallen in love with a local handmade fresh pasta store that makes its products with all natural ingredients without any filler at all, even in its hand-filled ravioli and cannelloni. I have a great deal of respect for traditional food artisans who maintain the quality of their ingredients and products without adding all sorts of unhealthy cheap garbage that only takes away from the healthy nature of the food and its natural benefits.

That said, I know only so many recipes that will go with fresh pasta, since it's so much more delicate than the dried sort that I have been eating for most of my life. What I'm seeking now is recipes for sauce or other quick and easy dishes that use this ingredient.

I do eat meat, but I prefer organics whenever possible. I'd prefer something that is diet friendly and that is very high on the nutrient scale.

Lately I've been eating it with salmon and a garlic dill and olive oil sauce but I'm looking for something different. Thanks!
    How to cook the best handmade fresh pasta in Barrie

It's always great to find a real expert in gourmet food, isn't it! I've found that my favorite recipe for fresh pasta is simple fettuccine alfredo. A carbonara sauce is also very good with those types of noodles. You just have to choose something lighter and not as rustic because the noodles are not as robust as dry

Comment

LOL ChefMel, that sounds great but I think that cream sauces and sauces with bacon aren't exactly good for a weight loss diet. That said, when I have my next "treat day" I am ABSOLUTELY going to have spaghetti carbonara. Now that you've brought it up, it's all I can think about!

IMO, for being "diet friendly" (assuming that you're not eating a barrel of fresh pasta), you could have a primavera sauce because it's not heavy. Homemade would probably be best.

Comment

You can just toss some garlic in some olive oil to flavor it and then add some fresh herbs and cut up some tomatoes and mix them in. Warm it up and there you go!

Comment

I've always been a fan of primavera. Olive oil and lemon sauce drizzled over a plate of fresh linguini with fresh steamed vegetables (ex. cherry tomatoes, zuchini, snow peas, yellow peppers, spinach, and some onion. It's a good recipe without any meat.

Comment

One of my personal fresh pasta favourites is pasta with tomato, garlic, onion, and parsley. In a skillet, add olive oil and then put in a cup and a half of diced tomatoes (fresh or one can), half an onion - chopped, a few cloves of garlic (as finely or non-finely chopped as you prefer), and about half a handful of chopped parsley. Cook/simmer until the onions are soft. Cook long noodles (any kind will work - spaghetti, spegatini, linguine, etc.), separately and then add to the mixture in the skillet. Mix it together and let the noodles soak up the mixture and then serve. It's really good and you can alter the recipe as you like to suit your tastes.

Comment

U know i dont think ive ever had fresh pasta. Except maybe in a restaurant if what they serve is fresh. Is there a big difference in taste? Ur lucky 2 have a local place 2 go envirotodd. Have u tried sweet potato & mushroom cannelloni? Its very good & u dont even need 2 have cannelloni noodles 2 make it. U can use lasagna noodles if u want.

Comment

Thank you for all of these recipes. Now I have to get out and actually buy the fresh pasta again so that I can try them. I think that I will try the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and basil this week, and next week if I am feeling ambitious I will certainly try that masterpiece you are describing BabyButtons. And please, my Sweet as a BabyButtons friend, do try fresh pasta. It is worth whatever effort you need to find a place that makes it, or to learn to make it for yourself. I promise that the texture will astound you. It is soft and delicate - as I imagine you are too

Honestly, though, I appreciate all of these recipes and will likely make my way through them all over time (except, perhaps, the carbonara, which I don't typically find that I can make properly). If there are any that truly stand out (and if I remember to do so) then I will be sure to write back and let you know my thoughts about each one. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Comment

I really do hope that you'll let us know, EnviroTodd. It's great to hear recipes, but it's even better to know how they turn out in real life! Babybuttons, that sounds like a great one, btw!

Comment

These sound like great recipes. I'm really interested in that sweet potato one, too! I never thought of combining sweet potato with pasta, but now that I'm thinking about it it make sense that it would go well together. I love how there are so many ways that you can eat healthy if you put your mind to it!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                      Thank you for all of these recipes. Now I have to get out and actually buy the fresh pasta again so that I can try them. I think that I will try the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and basil this week, and next week if I am feeling ambitious I will certainly try that masterpiece you are describing BabyButtons. And please, my Sweet as a BabyButtons friend, do try fresh pasta. It is worth whatever effort you need to find a place that makes it, or to learn to make it for yourself. I promise that the texture will astound you. It is soft and delicate - as I imagine you are too

Honestly, though, I appreciate all of these recipes and will likely make my way through them all over time (except, perhaps, the carbonara, which I don't typically find that I can make properly). If there are any that truly stand out (and if I remember to do so) then I will be sure to write back and let you know my thoughts about each one. I'm looking forward to trying them.
                      Oh envirotodd u do know how 2 make me blush! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                        Oh envirotodd u do know how 2 make me blush! LOL
                        That's good! Someone should know how to make you blush, BabyButtons! Someone who is filled with the positive energies that you have inside should always be meant to feel good about themselves. It is a very important part of life! Now if only I could see what it looks like when you blush

Comment

Have you tried any of them yet enviroTodd?

Comment

Working...
                          X