Should I be eating more bulgar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be eating more bulgar

Hi y'all! Is bulgar something I should be adding to my diet? Is it good for you or even easy to cook with? I've seen it in a lot of healthy recipes and I'm working on trying to eat healthier carbs, so I'm wondering if bulgar is the way to go and even if it tastes good. Any information from those who have had experience with it would be great

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
    Hi y'all! Is bulgar something I should be adding to my diet? Is it good for you or even easy to cook with? I've seen it in a lot of healthy recipes and I'm working on trying to eat healthier carbs, so I'm wondering if bulgar is the way to go and even if it tastes good. Any information from those who have had experience with it would be great
    Absolutely! It's very nutritious and it tastes good in a lot of different types of recipes. If you find you like it then it will give you just one more way to add variety and nutrient to your diet. It doesn't mean that it needs to replace something else but you can just add it to your mix of meal ingredient options and then you'll automatically have more variety for enjoyment and nutrition.

Comment

I personally love it in moroccan recipes. Look for those and you'll really like what you find

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
        I personally love it in moroccan recipes. Look for those and you'll really like what you find

Oh my gosh I love Moroccan recipes too! I find they're also very nutritious. When I started losing weight I actually began making a lot more of this style of cuisine. Now I'm dying to go visit Morocco and eat some of their authentic cuisine lol!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Absolutely! It's very nutritious and it tastes good in a lot of different types of recipes. If you find you like it then it will give you just one more way to add variety and nutrient to your diet. It doesn't mean that it needs to replace something else but you can just add it to your mix of meal ingredient options and then you'll automatically have more variety for enjoyment and nutrition.

Really? I've never heard of Bulgar before. What is it? A carb?

Comment

It's a carb in that it's a grain. It's made out of wheat. It's essentially cracked wheat. So it's not gluten free in case you're concerned about that sort of thing. I tend to prepare it for similar kinds of meals that I'd otherwise make with couscous. That said, I know that it goes well with middle eastern and north african foods quite well. It's a food that is easy to experiment with. You could probably use it in place of rice in certain dishes, too, depending on what you're making. It's just another option and it tastes great.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
              It's a carb in that it's a grain. It's made out of wheat. It's essentially cracked wheat. So it's not gluten free in case you're concerned about that sort of thing. I tend to prepare it for similar kinds of meals that I'd otherwise make with couscous. That said, I know that it goes well with middle eastern and north african foods quite well. It's a food that is easy to experiment with. You could probably use it in place of rice in certain dishes, too, depending on what you're making. It's just another option and it tastes great.

Awesome! Thanks enviroTodd! I knew you would have the answer that I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

Really? That's wonderful information. Thank you KittyKatt! Also, thank you enviroTodd for your thoughts and tips

Comment

Working...
                X