Energy drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy drinks

I was just reading the paper and there was a study in it that showed that the consumption of energy drinks is leading teens to experience a higher risk of depression and those that use the products are more likely to abuse various substances such as drugs and alcohol.

Is it just me or is it about time they make it a law that kids under the age of 18 cannot purchase these products, and the packages for these items need to be less geared toward a young market and more informative about the types of side effects and health problems that they can cause.

The marketing for these things would almost have you think that it's a health drink! I really hope that my posting this reaches at least one person to stop them from drinking this garbage. It really is quite dangerous for your physical and mental health, especially over time!

http://www.ecanadanow.com/health/201...bstance-abuse/

I couldn't agree with you more brightstar. Personally, I think they should just take this stuff off the shelves totally. Since we both know that's likely not going to happen because it makes way too much money, they could at least control it in the same way they control alcohol. A young person shouldn't have access to this junk, plain and simple.

Comment

I do agree that kids shouldn’t have easy access to energy drinks, but I also think they shouldn’t have easy access to pop and all the other crazy sugary drinks and junk on the market. That said, I personally enjoy having an energy drink every now and again. They’re certainly not a health drink nor should they be marketed that way. They are not something you should have all the time, but the same can be said for pop and alcohol.

Comment

Ya, I'm with Tony1968, they should just take them off the market. Not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
          I do agree that kids shouldn’t have easy access to energy drinks, but I also think they shouldn’t have easy access to pop and all the other crazy sugary drinks and junk on the market. That said, I personally enjoy having an energy drink every now and again. They’re certainly not a health drink nor should they be marketed that way. They are not something you should have all the time, but the same can be said for pop and alcohol.
          In some ways, I think energy drinks are worse than pop and alcohol. The reason is because they are so easy to obtain by anyone that most people don’t stop to consider just how harmful these drinks can be. Lots of people now know how much sugar is in pop and everyone knows that too much alcohol is a bad thing, but how many people really know the amount of caffeine and other crap that are in these drinks and what this does to their body? Good for you for posting this brightstar. It’s not just you. I fully agree that something needs to be done about energy drinks.

Comment

Working...
          X