are carbs healthy after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are carbs healthy after all?

I was watching a documentary on Sardinia, a blue zone region (where there are tons of people who live to be over 100) and they have a carb heavy diet. Are we looking at things wrong when we villainize carbohydrates?

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
    I was watching a documentary on Sardinia, a blue zone region (where there are tons of people who live to be over 100) and they have a carb heavy diet. Are we looking at things wrong when we villainize carbohydrates?
    Maybe, but I think the real issue for us who live in America isn't just what we eat, but how we live. Our carb heavy diet tends to be heavy in actual junk food and refined sugars and we gorge on it. To top it all off we're not big on being active. I'm sure if we ate and lived like the average person in Sardinia we wouldn't have an eating too many carbs issue, you know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Maybe, but I think the real issue for us who live in America isn't just what we eat, but how we live. Our carb heavy diet tends to be heavy in actual junk food and refined sugars and we gorge on it. To top it all off we're not big on being active. I'm sure if we ate and lived like the average person in Sardinia we wouldn't have an eating too many carbs issue, you know what I mean?
      It feels hard to be able to be active right now on a regular basis as much as we should. Even going for a walk is hard because it's only from around 2am to 5am that I wouldn't need to walk right in traffic to give people enough space.

Comment

Keep your diet balanced. It's not necessarily about carbs or not. It's about nutrition overall.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          Keep your diet balanced. It's not necessarily about carbs or not. It's about nutrition overall.
          Exactly. Carbs aren't the enemy. Eating a balanced diet that is nutritious is always what's best and a balanced and nutritious diet includes carbs.

Comment

carbs aren't bad and aren't good. It's the fact that they're not being unrealistically cut out of a diet that is notable. They're not particularly good or bad. They just need to be balanced.

Comment

Working...
            X