Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a capsule different from a tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a capsule different from a tablet?

I have noticed that phenblue is a capsule and not a tablet. Are capsules only easier 2 swallow or do they have some other benefit? R they just as good as tablets, r they better, or r they not as good. What is the real difference?

Capsules and tablets are two different types of pill. A tablet is usually a powder that is pressed into shape using a machine so that it will hold its form. A capsule is a casing, usually made out of something like cellulose, and the ingredients are packed inside of it before it is sealed shut. One is not better than the other, necessarily. Some people have a personal preference. Tablets can usually be made smaller even though they pack the same punch. Capsules are easier for some people to swallow because they often float. It is typically a personal preference.

Comment

I don't find that capsules are easier to swallow. I find that they're more likely to stick to my tongue and they're generally larger. Tablets are especially good when they're coated, but they're generally smaller

Comment

Thanks for all that info enviroTodd. I didn't know any of that. I sort of thought they were the same, I just didn't know how exactly.

Brightstar - I'm with you. I used to think they'd be easier to swallow but I find that they float to the roof of my mouth and I find swallowing them disconcerting. I think, on the whole, tablets are easier to swallow.

Comment

Thank you 4 the info envirotodd. U r always a fountain of info! I did not realize that tablets were the same just pressed into shape. Ur so clever! Do u prefer 1 form over the other? I think that I like tablets better.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            Capsules and tablets are two different types of pill. A tablet is usually a powder that is pressed into shape using a machine so that it will hold its form. A capsule is a casing, usually made out of something like cellulose, and the ingredients are packed inside of it before it is sealed shut. One is not better than the other, necessarily. Some people have a personal preference. Tablets can usually be made smaller even though they pack the same punch. Capsules are easier for some people to swallow because they often float. It is typically a personal preference.
            Oh yes, thank you for your wisdom eT. Did you ace science? What’s your take on gel caps?

Comment

I personally like tablets more, too. I'm not even exactly sure why. Somehow they seem more like medicine haha. I guess I'd be very good for a placebo group because I'd be easy to fool

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
                I personally like tablets more, too. I'm not even exactly sure why. Somehow they seem more like medicine haha. I guess I'd be very good for a placebo group because I'd be easy to fool
                I feel the exact opposite LOL I guess sometimes it's just a matter of personal preference

Comment

Working...
                X