Before and after the paleolithic diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after the paleolithic diet

I’m not posting any photos here and here’s why. I did the paleolithic diet last month. I did it for all of May. It was awful. The flavors were terrible and the diet is very restrictive. The first week, I lost one pound. The second and third weeks, I didn’t lose anything. The fourth and last week, I lost one pound. I didn’t post photos because they’d be identical. I just wanted to say that you shouldn’t waste your time on that diet since it doesn’t work.

Thanks for sharing this, MadMike. I tend to be drawn to this kind of diet that is based on the "natural" evolution of the body so I could have fallen for this one day down the road. I guess it's helpful to share flops as much as it is to share successes!

Comment

I've never even heard of the paleolithic diet. What is it? Eating like a cave man?

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post
        I've never even heard of the paleolithic diet. What is it? Eating like a cave man?
        Yup, pretty much. In fact the paleo diet is often called the caveman diet lol. MadMike has the right of it. I tried this about a year ago and bleh...so not worth it. Basically when you're following this diet you stick to eating what humans consumed during the paleolilith era, so the type of wild plants and animals that were on the land where they lived. So, you’re looking at fish, meat from animals that feed on grass, fungi, roots, fruit, nuts, veggies, eggs and stuff like that. Essentially, what you don’t eat is dairy, foods with refined sugar, grains, and processed foods. It’s actually really hard to follow this diet effectively and if you’re not careful your health can really take a beating. In my opinion, there’s a reason why we no longer eat like cavemen. There are better natural diets out there.

Comment

Has anyone else actually tried it? Now I'm confused. It actually sounds sort of neat now that I hear more about it. I don't know if I could stick to it long term but for a while that might help to get the body free of all of the processed garbage.

Comment

I've tried it more than a year ago. It really didn't work for me either. I'm with MadMike and Tony1968, it's not worth it. If you really really want to try it though, do some research and try it for a month. Maybe you'll have more luck than the rest of us. Personally, I'm not cut out to be a caveman...though my wife might disagree lol.

Comment

Working...
            X