Need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some tips

Thinking about taking before and after photos. I want some good tips to make sure I get the best results though. Doe anyone have any great tips to share? I'm not a pro photographer or anything and I don't plan on becoming one, so please no recommendations that are too time-consuming or precise!

Sure!
    1 - take your pics in the exact same clothes every time, even if they don't fit anymore
    2 - use clothes that aren't baggy, so you can actually see the areas where you're tracking progress
    3 - take your pics at the same time of day so the light doesn't keep changing on you - daytime is best
    4 - take your pic straight-on, not from above or below. THis is not a selfie you're taking for effect. You want to see your real results!

Comment

All I would add is that take your pics once a month. If you take them too often, you're not going to notice much of a difference and this might discourage you, which is something that you don't want. Also, remember, it's not about looking good, it's about tracking. Think of it more of as a science project than taking pictures you want to see in a magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        All I would add is that take your pics once a month. If you take them too often, you're not going to notice much of a difference and this might discourage you, which is something that you don't want. Also, remember, it's not about looking good, it's about tracking. Think of it more of as a science project than taking pictures you want to see in a magazine.
        That's a good advice. No more than once a month. It may be better if you set milestones in advance. Like if you take a pic when you first start, then three months in, then after you reach certain goals along the way. 10 pounds gone. 20, or whatever intervals you like.

Comment

Thanks everyone! This is all really great advice and I'm gonna take it to heart. I'm actually creating a list of what I want to do and devising a B&A strategy. I'm gonna take my first pic after Christmas and then I'm going to continue for there. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
            Thanks everyone! This is all really great advice and I'm gonna take it to heart. I'm actually creating a list of what I want to do and devising a B&A strategy. I'm gonna take my first pic after Christmas and then I'm going to continue for there. Thanks again
            Nice! Have a happy Christmas and don't be hard on yoruself if you have one...or two or three...too many treats

Comment

Working...
            X