I'm trying a new weight loss measure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying a new weight loss measure

Instead of focusing on how something fits, what the number is on the scale and taking pictures, I'm recording how I feel physically and mentally each day. I'm recording it on a scale of 1 to 10 in each category and then taking notes. My hope is that the more I work on giving myself healthy meals and regular exercise and good sleep, the more I'll naturally get healthier overall, including my weight, and this will just make me feel better on the inside. So I want to see if that's the case.

Are you going to weigh yourself at the very start even if you don't do it all the way along, so that you can at some point compare what you're feeling with traditional measurements for losing weight?

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      Instead of focusing on how something fits, what the number is on the scale and taking pictures, I'm recording how I feel physically and mentally each day. I'm recording it on a scale of 1 to 10 in each category and then taking notes. My hope is that the more I work on giving myself healthy meals and regular exercise and good sleep, the more I'll naturally get healthier overall, including my weight, and this will just make me feel better on the inside. So I want to see if that's the case.
      That's a really positive way to do that. I hope it works for you and you'll update here to let us know. I'll definitely be following this!

Comment

I hope this works for you. I know it wouldn't for me. This would be a guaranteed cheat and let myself down strategy. I need to have something external measuring me. Otherwise, I'll just make excuses or not hold myself accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I hope this works for you. I know it wouldn't for me. This would be a guaranteed cheat and let myself down strategy. I need to have something external measuring me. Otherwise, I'll just make excuses or not hold myself accountable.
          I have to agree. I genuinely hope it works for others, but this wouldn't work for me. I need accountability, and how I feel won't be enough for that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KenTraver View Post

I have to agree. I genuinely hope it works for others, but this wouldn't work for me. I need accountability, and how I feel won't be enough for that for me.
            That's just what I mean.

Comment

Working...
            X