Don't aim to be a model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't aim to be a model

Taking photos to monitor your weight loss is a great idea, but one thing to keep in mind is that you’re a regular person trying to get to a healthy body weight. Don’t get so wrapped up in the dieting that you start to judge your photos against the super-skinny unhealthy models you see in magazines.

Models look gross anyway!

Comment

Very true brightstar. The other thing is that you can't trust any picture you see in a magazine because they are all photoshopped. The people have their skin airbrushed and parts of their body are "shaved" off to make them look curvier or slimmer or more attractive. And ya, 2Strikes, a lot of modles - particularly those that are underwegith - look pretty gross. Half of them look like skelletons. I dont' find it attractive when you can see a person' ribcage, spine or collarbones popping out from their skin. I honestly feel bad for a lot of them.

Comment

Don't aim to be anyone but yourself. Humans come in all different shapes and sizes. If you've always had a large body structure, no matter how much you diet and exercise, you will never be as small as your friend who has a tinier frame than you. You'll likely never look like someone you admire, so spend less time admiring other people and concentrate more on liking the way you look. You'll be a lot happier when you think realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
          Don't aim to be anyone but yourself. Humans come in all different shapes and sizes. If you've always had a large body structure, no matter how much you diet and exercise, you will never be as small as your friend who has a tinier frame than you. You'll likely never look like someone you admire, so spend less time admiring other people and concentrate more on liking the way you look. You'll be a lot happier when you think realistically.
          Aww that's really well said, wolfmoon! That's just what we should be doing!

Comment

Bleh...I hate models. It's such a joke looking at people on TV/Movies and in magzines. Everyone looks so plastic and fake. You can't trust what you see and they are all wearing a pound of makeup and have been tucked this way and that to look as good as they possibly can. I'm sure if we all had stylists we'd look our best, too. So ya, don't aim to be a model. Follow WolfMoon's advice and aim to be you.

Comment

I agree with what's been said. I also want to add that photos are only good for a guideline. Don't obsesses over your weight loss photos because this will only have a negative effect on your goals. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good for vain reasons, but draw a line with vanity. Caring too much about how you look on the outside can cause you to lose sight of a much bigger picture.

Comment

Most people don't actually find that models are all that attractive when compared to a much healthier individual who is fit and who takes good care of him or herself. Health, fitness, and good grooming is much more attractive than someone who is extremely skinny. Those models don't have the shape that the majority of people should ever want or have. That's especially true when it comes to female models. They toxify their systems with negative energies that hold their bodies back in a less developed state. It is much better to consult with a doctor to find out your best range of weight and to pursue that, instead.

Comment

I think that I'm closer to the little piggy in my avatar than I am to a model...and I'm glad that way! I would rather be a little piggy than a person who is as skinny as a coat hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                    Most people don't actually find that models are all that attractive when compared to a much healthier individual who is fit and who takes good care of him or herself. Health, fitness, and good grooming is much more attractive than someone who is extremely skinny. Those models don't have the shape that the majority of people should ever want or have. That's especially true when it comes to female models. They toxify their systems with negative energies that hold their bodies back in a less developed state. It is much better to consult with a doctor to find out your best range of weight and to pursue that, instead.

U got it envirotodd! I actually feel a little bad 4 models. I dont imagine it is easy 2 live the way they do. Not only would u feel bad because u arent eating right or enough but u r constantly being judged on ur appearance. Its as damaging physically as it is mentally.

Comment

I think you're very caring and absolutely right, BabyButtons. Models do deserve our pity. They have taken the lack of care about the true health of their bodies to an entirely different level. This was exactly what I thought when I heard on the news that an American retailer (which I won't mention here) has just created a size 000. They say that it caters to customers of Asian descent who naturally have smaller bodies and frames, but when it all comes down to it, it will only make other girls start to feel too big because suddenly they're not in the smallest size range anymore. It sounds silly but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                        I think you're very caring and absolutely right, BabyButtons. Models do deserve our pity. They have taken the lack of care about the true health of their bodies to an entirely different level. This was exactly what I thought when I heard on the news that an American retailer (which I won't mention here) has just created a size 000. They say that it caters to customers of Asian descent who naturally have smaller bodies and frames, but when it all comes down to it, it will only make other girls start to feel too big because suddenly they're not in the smallest size range anymore. It sounds silly but it's true.

000! Thats terrible! That is way 2 small! Young people will want 2 try 2 squeeze in 2 such a small size. I think retailers should focus on making and advertising clothing that fits people who are an average & healthy size. When i was younger i used 2 want 2 fit a smaller size so id look more like my smaller friends. I used 2 hate that i was always the bigger 1. Now i dont care anymore about that but it breaks my heart 2 see young people making themself sick & hating on their image cause they want 2 look like what the media tells them is beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                        X