Angles matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angles matter

While JennyR's suggestion to take a goofey picture really is a great idea, for those who want a more serious photo or are attempting to look their best. Keep in mind that the way you are angled matters. If you want to take the best photo, take a look at some tips that are given by professional photographers or that are given to celebrities or models. If you look at enough of their photos you'll notice that rarely are their picture ever taken head-on. usually their body is turned in some way or their head is slightly tilted down, up, etc. Try taking a variety of poses until you find one that you like and switch it up. This is the best way to discover your best photo position.

I have still yet to find an angle of myself I like. I'm starting to think I don't have a good angle lol. I've also found that when I try to do all of the model techniques it just looks sort of silly, like I'm over-doing a pose on purpose. I feel more like I'm taking a photo for a magazine cover and not before and after weight loss photos haha.

Comment

This is true if you are looking to make yourself appear very attractive in a photo and if you want you to look your best. But if you are taking weight loss photos and you want your picture to be honest, then taking it from an angle can be deceptive. Straight-on is the best way to take pictures that let you monitor your progress along the way. If you still want to take the picture at an angle so that you can see the difference in yourself, over time, then at least make sure that you take future pictures at the exact same angle from now on.

Comment

If you can make it look natural, place your hand on your hip or hold some kind of prop (a glass or something. You arm will create a naturally flattering angle

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          This is true if you are looking to make yourself appear very attractive in a photo and if you want you to look your best. But if you are taking weight loss photos and you want your picture to be honest, then taking it from an angle can be deceptive. Straight-on is the best way to take pictures that let you monitor your progress along the way. If you still want to take the picture at an angle so that you can see the difference in yourself, over time, then at least make sure that you take future pictures at the exact same angle from now on.

I agree with enviroTodd. The whole point to taking before and after weight loss photos isn't about trying to look your best, it's about measuring progress, more specifically determining how much fat you've lost. Changing the way your body is angled in a photo isn't going to provide you with the useful details you need.

Comment

Ya, angles really only matter if you want to take a great picture of yourself, but they really don't matter for a weight loss photo. The whole point is to look as natural as possible. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, you'll have a hard time seeing and tracking any progress that you make from one month to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
              Ya, angles really only matter if you want to take a great picture of yourself, but they really don't matter for a weight loss photo. The whole point is to look as natural as possible. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, you'll have a hard time seeing and tracking any progress that you make from one month to the next.
              That's absolutely true. The only way that angles matter with a weight loss photo is in making sure that you get the same angle every time you take the pic. Because that way you'll be comparing the same thing every week.

Comment

okay, okay, good point LOL. Alright, but if you do want to just take a regular non before and after photo of yourself, pay attention to the angles you like

Comment

LOL I'm glad that I read the name of this thread twice. At first I thought it said "angels matter" and I really couldn't figure out what you were getting at haha

Comment

Working...
                  X