No announcement yet.

Poll: Have you ever tried a fad diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't trust a cleanse. My friend did one once and she almost ended up in the hospital!

Comment

Personally I've never tried a fad diet, but I've seen a couple that look interesting. As for cleanses, I've heard scary things about cleanses as well. I prefer natural methods of weight loss to taking chemicals, but you still need to be really careful when you go the natural route. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's safe. Furthermore, cleanses take out more than just he toxins in your body, it takes out a lot of the good stuff too. If anyone is interested in trying a cleanse, I highly recommend they talk to their doctor first before giving anything a go. It's just not worth the risk, no matter how attractive it might seem.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I love fad diets. I find their a great way 2 drop fat fast when I need it. They do what they need 2 do. My fave is the clean program.
        I think those things just make you lose water weight and not actually fat. In that case, do you find that the weight comes back pretty quick? Do you do a regular diet after the cleanse or is that it?

Comment

Is the Dukan diet a fad diet or is it a real healthy program? I've heard some good things about it but it sounds a bit drastic

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Is the Dukan diet a fad diet or is it a real healthy program? I've heard some good things about it but it sounds a bit drastic
            I know what you mean by that. I've heard that it's a good diet and people are losing a lot of weight on it (Didn't Dutchess Kate use it to lose weight before her marriage to Prince William?). But I've also heard things like you can lose your hair on it and problems like that...yikes.

Comment

I tried Dukan and gave up after 8 or 9 days. It's really hard to keep up with because you're hungry pretty much all the time. Hunger was making it hard for me to sleep.

Comment

That Dukan diet sounds pretty sketchy to me....but, honestly, is there any actual fad diet out there that really does work?

Comment

If u don't like cleanses u can always try the Chocolate Diet. That's a lot of fun. u get to eat lots of good stuff as well as chocolate, pasta, and popcorn. That diet worked pretty good 4 me.

Comment

BabyButtons - the Chocolate Diet? Well I have to say, my interest is peaked. I've always been a skeptic about fad diets but I love chocolate. What is it all about and did you lose any weight?

Comment

Yes I lost weight. I lost 10 pounds. I did it a long time ago. There are all different kinds. U can find out info online.

Comment

I'm too afraid to try them. I've heard to many scary things in the news and from people who have tried them.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
                          I'm too afraid to try them. I've heard to many scary things in the news and from people who have tried them.
                          It all depends on which one you do. Some actually don't do any harm, but you're right. Others are scary. Research is a must if your'e going to try one

Comment

Working...
                          X