Pescatarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pescatarian

Is there a pescatarian-based diet for weight loss? I was thinking about trying this diet out because I just can’t seem to commit to vegetarian. Is this healthy and does it provide the same overall possible weight loss benefits as other vegetarian diets?

I haven't come across a specific one yet, but simply switching to a pescatarian lifestyle and keeping an eye on your calories (even if you don't track each individual one) can help your body to rebalance. Your microbiome will improve and your body will be better able to help you lose weight faster than you would otherwise. I think a lot of the benefits are comparable to veganism since the only animal based product you'll be eating is fish so it's not like you'll be having that all the time. That's a very healthy choice, BabyButtons

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      I haven't come across a specific one yet, but simply switching to a pescatarian lifestyle and keeping an eye on your calories (even if you don't track each individual one) can help your body to rebalance. Your microbiome will improve and your body will be better able to help you lose weight faster than you would otherwise. I think a lot of the benefits are comparable to veganism since the only animal based product you'll be eating is fish so it's not like you'll be having that all the time. That's a very healthy choice, BabyButtons
      Thanks enviroTodd! I'm so glad that you agree. I'm really excited to try this one and I'm hoping by making a few changes I'll be more inclined to watch my calories. It's going to be interesting having a pescatarian thanksgiving this year LOL. As always, you're more than welcome to join my table

Comment

I don't understand the reasoning behind being a pescatarian. If you're going to eat one animal, can't you eat many? What's the difference between one over others? I'm not hating here. I really want to know. I feel like I'm outside understanding this one. Is there something different between a fish and a chicken or a pig? Is it the cost? Animal treatment? Nutrition? Environment?

Comment

I understand the idea of being a pescatarian. It's not a moral difference of one animal over another. It's whatever you choose to eat because you have the right to choose. Fish is extremely healthy and has nutrients very difficult to get in plant based foods. So it's a good option to keep once or twice a week even if you've cut out all other meats.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I don't understand the reasoning behind being a pescatarian. If you're going to eat one animal, can't you eat many? What's the difference between one over others? I'm not hating here. I really want to know. I feel like I'm outside understanding this one. Is there something different between a fish and a chicken or a pig? Is it the cost? Animal treatment? Nutrition? Environment?
            Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning behind a lot of dietary choices, either, but I don't feel that I need to. I just feel that if people want to eat a certain way for whatever reason, more power to them. I think it's awesome that people have the freedom to choose what works for them and makes them happy. In terms of weight loss, I think any diet - meat, no meat, only fish, etc. can be ideal for weight loss. It's all a matter of how much you eat and how much you exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning behind a lot of dietary choices, either, but I don't feel that I need to. I just feel that if people want to eat a certain way for whatever reason, more power to them. I think it's awesome that people have the freedom to choose what works for them and makes them happy. In terms of weight loss, I think any diet - meat, no meat, only fish, etc. can be ideal for weight loss. It's all a matter of how much you eat and how much you exercise.
              Well said! I wish I'd said this first!

Comment

It's very true! Any diet is a great diet if it works for you! I'm hoping the pescatrian will be the right one for me

Comment

Working...
                X