2020 diet programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 diet programs

Is anyone thinking about trying a diet program this year? I've actually been giving some serious thought to giving DASH a try. It seems decent and not over-the-top nuts. In 2019 I didn't really follow any diet and it turned out to be a bad idea. I really need some type of rule to follow or I just end up blowing my calorie limit, making excuses or doing something stupid without holding myself accountable. What about everyone else?

DASH is good for overall health and it can help your weight, but that's not really what it's meant for. It's good for cholesterol health.

Comment

Also, Happy New Year!

Comment

I honestly think Weight Watchers is one of the best diets to follow. It gives you a lot of freedom and helps you to keep track of your calories. IMO you have a way better shot of learning how to incorporate regular foods in your diet without blowing your calories. Plus, you can do it for free!

Comment

Mediterranean is still the best in my opinion. It's easy to follow and isn't about giving up foods but is more about lowering your consumption of some and upping your consumption of others. If you're looking for a commercial diet though, I agree with JokerzWild. Weight Watchers is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
            DASH is good for overall health and it can help your weight, but that's not really what it's meant for. It's good for cholesterol health.
            Happy New Year, Bethie! Leave it to you to tell me the real deal! Alright. What's your thoughts on the Ornish diet?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Happy New Year, Bethie! Leave it to you to tell me the real deal! Alright. What's your thoughts on the Ornish diet?
              I think it's another healthy one LOL. It's supposed to help you prevent a lot of types of chronic diseases by encouraging you to stick to mostly plant based eating habits. On the whole, it's pretty low fat and focuses on fruits, veggies, whole grains and the like. Technically, you're really not supposed to have meat at all on this diet and based on your comments when other people have suggested plant-based lifestyles in other posts, I'm going to say this one's not for you Maybe you've turned over a new leaf in 2020, but if you're still planning to eat meat...well you might not be too excited about what you have on your plate each day with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I think it's another healthy one LOL. It's supposed to help you prevent a lot of types of chronic diseases by encouraging you to stick to mostly plant based eating habits. On the whole, it's pretty low fat and focuses on fruits, veggies, whole grains and the like. Technically, you're really not supposed to have meat at all on this diet and based on your comments when other people have suggested plant-based lifestyles in other posts, I'm going to say this one's not for you Maybe you've turned over a new leaf in 2020, but if you're still planning to eat meat...well you might not be too excited about what you have on your plate each day with this one.
                LOL Definitely haven't turned over a new leaf. I'm all for reducing the amount of meat I eat and choosing leaner cuts, but I'm just not a vegetairan-kinda person. So no Ornish for me. Thanks again for the tips. I hope whatever foods or diet plan your following right now is working for you

Comment

LOL Definitely haven't turned over a new leaf. I'm all for reducing the amount of meat I eat and choosing leaner cuts, but I'm just not a vegetairan-kinda person. So no Ornish for me. Thanks again for the tips. I hope whatever foods or diet plan your following right now is working for you
                  Do you know what your next diet to investigate will be this year? Have you considered Mediterranean or a low-carb?

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

Do you know what your next diet to investigate will be this year? Have you considered Mediterranean or a low-carb?
                    I've looked into Mediterranean, and that diet seriously makes a lot of sense, but my problem is that I need something more rigid that tells me what to do. Just following any low-carb diet or healthy diet isn't enough, usually I end up making all the wrong choices. Essentially, I'm a pretty lazy guy. I need to know that when I make mistakes and fall off the wagon, that there is a clear bunch of rules I can follow to get back in the groove.

Comment

I've looked into Mediterranean, and that diet seriously makes a lot of sense, but my problem is that I need something more rigid that tells me what to do. Just following any low-carb diet or healthy diet isn't enough, usually I end up making all the wrong choices. Essentially, I'm a pretty lazy guy. I need to know that when I make mistakes and fall off the wagon, that there is a clear bunch of rules I can follow to get back in the groove.
                      I can definitely relate to that! If you tell me to "do my best" you'll find me eating cookies 2 hours later

Comment

the biggest problem for me is the fact that anything i find "low carb" and good for my diet is just not tasty enough. that's why i'm always searching for different recipes which might offer a good taste and a healthy food diet. anything that might help me is appreciated.
                        Last edited by Marmyre1; 02-27-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I found that at first, too, but then I realized that there is so much flavor out there that is great for me. Herbs and spices can make all the difference. Plus, there are lots of healthy fats, too. When I got started with healthier eating, I started with salads and meals I could make in my slow cooker. These were always filled with tons of ingredients and colors and, because of that, lots of flavors, too. Check out this salad for a filling lunch, super healthy and bursting with flavor:

1/2 English cucumber, cut in quarters lengthwise then chopped into half-inch pieces
                          1 Roma tomato, diced
                          2 green onions, chopped
                          1/2 bell pepper (any color but I like yellow or orange), chopped
                          1/4 cup chickpeas (canned, rinsed, drained)
                          2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
                          2-3 tbsp light feta cheese (crumbled or shredded)

Toss all that in a large bowl, Then drizzle with the dressing (as follows)
                          1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
                          1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
                          1 clove minced garlic
                          Whip together in a small bowl with a fork until consistency goes smooth and pour it over the salad. Mix the salad again and enjoy!

Packed with flavor, jammed with nutrients and low in both carbs and calories! I make a huge batch and eat it for 2-3 lunches per week!

Comment

Working...
                          X