Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Replaced Atkins as a Low-Carb Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Replaced Atkins as a Low-Carb Diet?

I know atkins is way out of date and problematic. I also know htat low-carb is still considered one of the best routes to weight control. So, since atkins isn't it, what is? What replaced that diet as the one to follow?

Good question! I feel like the answer should be obvious, but I can't think of anything. I keep thinking paleo, but I'm not sure if that's it, and it's certainly not what has continued today because nobody really believes in paleo anymore. Keto? That's still low carb, but focuses on eating more fat instead of more protein.

Comment

You're right, Charlotte I think paleo then keto. there are tons of others that are more specialized like whole30 etc. On the whole, it's not likely the highly restrictive ones that will help. It's whatever you'll be able to keep doing. Just track your nutrition for a while, so you'll actually know what kind of carbohydrate intake you actually have.

Comment

I think it wasn't an actual diet that replaced it as much as just understanding that we need to keep our carbs lowered compared to where they used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X