Anyone try Weight Watchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try Weight Watchers?

Has anyone tried weight watchers? Is it alright for guys or is it mostly for women? Do you end up really hungry?
    Tried it and it worked
    55.56%
    Tried it and it did NOT work
    22.22%
    Tried it and it DID work but I was starving
    22.22%

I did Weight Watchers a few years ago. It's not mostly for women. They are the most of the people who show up but there are men, too. I got hungry sometimes, but it's the most reasonable program out there in terms of control. There are a lot of ways to get around hunger with its points.

Comment

I tried weight watchers two times. Once 5 years ago and then again about a year ago. It's really not for me. I didn't have much success. I do have sucky willpower so that could be the problem, but I just found it too restrictive for me. That said, I think weight watchers is alright for everyone, no matter their gender. I agree with enviroTodd that most of the people that show are women.

Comment

I tried it and I really did like it at first, but ya, I have to admit, I was really hungry throughout the program, so much so that I cheated while on it several times until I finally just had to give it up. It's a shame, because I really liked going and I liked the program and my friend had major success with it. If you don't battle with serious hunger pangs (and I mean feeling like you are hungry all the time) I would recommend you try it. And no, it's not just for women

Comment

I did weight watchers - sort of - when my girlfriend was doing it. I wasn't signed up with the program but I worked out how many points I should have and followed the rules that it said based on the recommendations on the website. I found that I was hungry sometimes but not always and I did lose weight. I like that you dn't have to completely cut anything out. Some of their recipes even include cheese.

Comment

My mother and the mother of a good friend of mine both took their weight down by 30+ pounds after menopause. I know that doesn't help a guy who is trying to find a manly diet haha, but it does show that people who have the hardest time losing weight can still manage to shed the fat with weight watchers. It's really good.

Comment

Weight Watchers wasn't for me, but my wife really loved it. She's been doing it for a couple of years, and has really had a lot of success with it. I think she's lost something like 50 pounds since she's been on it. I tried it after she "encouraged" me to (which was about maybe a year and a half ago). It wasn't for me. I think I lost 10 pounds but I couldn't keep it off and gained more. My wife said I was doing it all wrong, and she was probably right. I just couldn't stick to the rules. It isn't just for women, but that being said, I certainly don't feel that it's all that targeted to men. If you try it, hope you have better luck BigBobby.

Comment

I just went on the website to see for myself what they say.They seem to have a program that is meant specifically for men. I hope that helps!

Comment

I never tried weight watchers, but I did try Jenny Craig. That was pretty good, but it got a little expensive for me at the time, so I stopped it and never went back. And in case for some reason you are interested in trying Jenny Craig, it isn't just for women, it is for men too.

Comment

I liked weight watchers when I was on it. I met my goals. Eventually the weight did come back but that was my fault not the program. Its for men and women of all shapes and sizes, so dont worry about not fittin in. U will do great if this is what u want to do. Just got to stick to ur goals and believe in urself.

Comment

I really liked weight watchers. I would definitely recommend it to you. I found their program really taught me a lot about my calorie consumption and helped me control it and be more aware of what I was ingesting.

Comment

Say what you want, weight watchers was designed for women. It's who the company targets and women make up their biggest client base.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                          Say what you want, weight watchers was designed for women. It's who the company targets and women make up their biggest client base.
                          Speeddemon, did you fall off that bike in your avatar and bang your head? Did you even visit the website before you said that? There is a specific diet plan for men...I don't think that indicates that weight watchers is only for women.

Comment

I've never tried weight watchers, but my friend did and he told me all about it. That's right Speeddemon I said "HE" told me all about. He really liked it and it did a lot for him at the time. There IS a specific diet program for men on their site as Brightstar has said. Before you spread your all-knowing opinion, Speeddemon, you might want to check out the facts first.

Comment

Ohhhh SNAP Speeddemon HAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X