The Flavor Point Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flavor Point Diet

I recently came across this diet called The Flavor Point Diet and from what I understood about it is that when you eat meals that are based around the same flavor this can somehow help you to lose weight because it satisfies your hunger or something. It all sounds a little too weird and wishful thinking for me. Does anyone else know about this diet or if eating meals focused around flavors is beneficial for dieting or will help with weight loss somehow?

This diet is supposed to help you control your appetite by focusing your meals around one flavor. It also is a calorie-controlled diet. I think those who follow it are limited to 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day. You follow meal plans that are suggested and a lot of things are eliminated from your diet, especially in the first phase of the diet, which lasts for four weeks. One of my friends has tried it and she said she had a heck of a time with it. She found it very hard to follow and eventually gave up.

Comment

Sticking to one flavor per meal is supposed to help you lose weight? Is it just me, or does anyone else think that sounds ridiculous?

Comment

That doesn’t sound like it is something that people would be able to stick to because who wants absolutely no flavor variety in their foods? That sounds like it would be good for a couple of days and then you would start to give up on it because you’d want something that tastes good, really badly. I’m not trying to be negative, but I can’t see myself sticking to that.

Comment

Tony1968 - couldn't agree more!

Comment

No way. If i"m bored with my food, it's a no go

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
              That doesn’t sound like it is something that people would be able to stick to because who wants absolutely no flavor variety in their foods? That sounds like it would be good for a couple of days and then you would start to give up on it because you’d want something that tastes good, really badly. I’m not trying to be negative, but I can’t see myself sticking to that.

Exactly, Bethie. It would be hard to stick too. A diet like that gives you no alternatives. It's like it's setting you up to fail.

Comment

I tried this diet and failed. There are better diets out there.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll keep your advice in mind I really don't know if I'd be able to stick to one flavor per meal. That sounds pretty boring.

Comment

Working...
                  X