points based diets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• points based diets

has anyone ever tried a diet that is based on counting points instead of calories or fast or carbs or things like that? If so, is it easier to count those or does it just make you a lot more frustrated and confused?

I've tried weight watchers and I found the system pretty easy to follow and it was a lot easier than counting calories. I found that you start to learn which foods you can eat more of, etc. It takes some figuring out at first, though. It's really easy to blow your points if you're not careful, especially since you're only allowed so many a day. So, while I"ll say it's easier to follow in terms of counting...it's not easier in terms of watching what you eat, because you still need to practice a lot of self control.

Comment

I find that all diets that require you to count anything to be a pain in one way or another. Sometimes, it's easy and other times it's a big struggle. I don't know, maybe it's the math-hater in me, but I really dislike any diet that makes me count anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
        I find that all diets that require you to count anything to be a pain in one way or another. Sometimes, it's easy and other times it's a big struggle. I don't know, maybe it's the math-hater in me, but I really dislike any diet that makes me count anything.
        I feel the same way. I'm always enthusiastic about it at first, but then I end up getting wrapped up in the rest of my life and it becomes a pain in the behind to have to try to count calories or carbs or points or whatever it is. I think you should just try to aim for health overall and not be so obsessed with precise numbers

Comment

I hate it when people say "it depends on..." but in this case, it's true. It depends on the points diet. Some of them are confusing and horrible. Others are straightforward and make it a lot easier than counting calories, fats, carbs, etc.

Comment

I think of all the counting diets, I like points based diets the best. If you really don't know how to watch what you eat on your own, a points systems helps you to watch your limits. It may not be fun to follow all of the time, but no diet is, especially when you're learning it or when you're going through one of those days when all you want is junk. I say give it a try and see if it's something that works for you.

Comment

I personally found Weight Watchers to be pretty good. I did the free online one and liked it. There are times when its hard to stick to your points limit, but that could be said about any diet. There's never going to be an easy diet. If there was, we'd all be losing weight with no problem LOL.

Comment

MeSarah, my mother and the mother of my friend both went through Weight Watchers and had a lot of luck with their points systems, too. I think that one must be a good one, althoguh I've never tried it for myself.

Comment

Working...
                X