Is eating healthfully enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is eating healthfully enough?

I always hear that if you want to lose weight, you have to eat a healthful diet. If I stick to almost always eating great healthful choices and have “junk” only as a treat, will I automatically lose weight without counting calories or carbs?

You should as long as you watch how much you eat and you exercise regularly. Eating healthful does help a lot when you want to lose weight, but it isn't enough. Exercise is still need to burn off the calories, and not all food that is healthy is low in fat or calories, so you can still eat too much of a good thing and pay the price for it.

Comment

I agree with Wolfmoon. Eating healthfully is definitely a step in the right direction, but you do need to exercise and watch how much you eat, as well as watch what you consume, if you really want to lose fat. I think you would definitely lose some weight if you improved your diet, but likely not enough that you would feel you've made much progress (depending on how much weight you want to lose, of course)

Comment

I think that my main problem with the idea of eating healthfully is in defining "healthfully". I might think that I'm doing great, but someone else might think I'm eating junk or too many carbs or something like that. There are so many opinions about a healthful diet that it's almost impossible to define. I think that's why most people go for a more specific plan like calorie counting. And ya, I agree that exercise is also really important.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          I think that my main problem with the idea of eating healthfully is in defining "healthfully". I might think that I'm doing great, but someone else might think I'm eating junk or too many carbs or something like that. There are so many opinions about a healthful diet that it's almost impossible to define. I think that's why most people go for a more specific plan like calorie counting. And ya, I agree that exercise is also really important.

I agree with Bethie. The biggest problem is "healthfully". Everyone does have their own interpretation, which is why you need to pay attention to the number of calories you're ingesting. Find your healthy calorie limit and find out how many calories you need to eat in a day to lose the weight you want and exercise. This is what will help you lose weight. Eating "healthy" really isn't enough.

Comment

All you can do is try to cut as much junk out as possible.

Comment

By cutting junk food out of your diet or at least saving it for a rare treat, you will be able to provide your body with a much more complete advantage. Not only will you be eliminating a lot of the high calorie foods from your diet and the high fat ones as well, but you'll stop providing your body with a range of different types of substances that slow down your metabolism and fill you with negative energies.

Comment

Working...
              X