Smartphones can help you lose weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartphones can help you lose weight

If you have a smartphone or a tablet, you can actually use your device to help you with your weight loss goals. There are lot of great apps available for download that can help you with both diet and exercise. Apps can help you conveniently track the food you eat, provide you with motivational tips, healthy recipes and more. There is so much great technology at our disposal. Why not use it

The types that I find are the most fun are the ones that are really interactive. I'm not great with the things like the diaries and tracking stuff because I just don't keep up with them, but I love the features like the pedometer app. I become almost obsessive about it! I find myself checking to see how many steps I've taken on a power walk or throughout a morning, for example, and then I am determined to beat that the next time that I use it. My own sense of competition with myself is actually making me exercise. And it doesn't make that stupid clicking noise like the old fashioned pedometers used to do.

Comment

I absolutely love the idea of using my phone to help me track my progress or to use different tools to get me ahead in dieting, but I can't stand using a touch screen keyboard. I have tried using it to track my food and all I get is "6 carbots" at lunch and ridiculous things like that haha. One day I'll figure it out

Comment

I really like apps that have food databases, remembers my preferences, helps me track my calories and also works offline. I don't have a data plan, so I like that I can still use apps when there isn't free wi-fi available.

Comment

Good tip. You're right SuzieQ, smartphones can really help

Comment

I didn't even think about the possibility of diet apps! Duh! Considering there is pretty much an app for everything I really should have guessed that there would be some good ones for helping with weight management. Can anyone recommend some good apps?

Comment

People are too dependent on their phones. If you are basing your success with weight loss on your smartphone then you likely won't be very successful. Your motivation has to come from inside and your information has to come from educating yourself. There is no single fast solution to being healthy or losing excess fat.

Comment

I think that if I used my cell phone to try to help me to lose weight then the only "weight loss" i'd actually expeerience is when I type in how much I weigh and then can't find it again because I really am bad at using the device haha

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                  People are too dependent on their phones. If you are basing your success with weight loss on your smartphone then you likely won't be very successful. Your motivation has to come from inside and your information has to come from educating yourself. There is no single fast solution to being healthy or losing excess fat.
                  I agree that people are very reliant on their phones, but at the same time, I don't think that using your smartphone as a motivational tool to track your weight loss goals/success is a bad idea. Motivation does come from within, but sometimes we need other ways, or other forms of support, to trigger inspiration or keep us inspired. I say if using a smartphone app helps a person to achieve their weight loss success - more power to them. Whatever works for you is all that matters. Everyone finds inspiration from different things.

Comment

Working...
                  X