Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice they smell different with weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice they smell different with weight loss?

Weird question and probably TMI but Since the start of the year when I went back on track again for eating healthier to lose weight, I've noticed I smell different. Not really better or worse, just not the same as before. Is that a thing?

Hmmm...I've never heard of that and I've never noticed that myself but it probably is a thing. It's more likely that you're eating different food and that's why you smell different. I doubt it has anything to do with weight loss. You know like when you eat certain foods like lobster or your drink certain things like beer you stink like them when you sweat? I bet it's something like that.

Comment

I can't say I've ever experienced this, but I have to agree with TroyBurger. I would say it likely has to do with your diet and what you're eating. Although, speaking of small, apparently scientists are finding that not having a sense of smell can actually lead to more fat loss because apparently your body burns more calories or something. Isn't that weird? .

Comment

I haven't noticed, but I think TroyBurger is right that it could be with the food you eat. Some foods do produce a smell on your body when you eat them, but it could be the change overall. If you've really overhauled your diet, your body could be undergoing a massive change in your microbiome. Since most of your odor comes from the bacteria and other micro-things that live on and in you, if you're feeding them different food, you could have a different microbiota balance or they may be processing your food in a different way, too.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          I haven't noticed, but I think TroyBurger is right that it could be with the food you eat. Some foods do produce a smell on your body when you eat them, but it could be the change overall. If you've really overhauled your diet, your body could be undergoing a massive change in your microbiome. Since most of your odor comes from the bacteria and other micro-things that live on and in you, if you're feeding them different food, you could have a different microbiota balance or they may be processing your food in a different way, too.
          That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't really think of things in terms of microbiomes but that does make a lot of sense. Bacteria would smell different depending on what it is exposed to.

Comment

I don't think it would have occurred to me to check let alone notice...

Comment

Working...
            X