Put that extra home time to good use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put that extra home time to good use

I know we're all in the same boat with this coronavirus mess and for some of us, it's more of a struggle than others and for some of us, it's work as usual. That said, for anyone who finds that they have more extra time at home on their hands, this is a great time to really focus on getting yourself on track with healthy dieting for weight loss or if you just want to clean up your diet a bit. I've been finding it easier to stick to an eating schedule and I've take the time to look up new recipes and discover new ways too cool with foods and even make meals in advance. I think I might even be able to stick to this when things return to normal because I think what's surprised me the most about all this at-home cooking and meal-making is that it's not nearly as difficult or as time consuming as I thought. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone was looking for something to do that's positive and good for their weight.

If anyone has any other positive things to share to improve health and weight loss at this time, please share! Stay safe everyone.

I've actually found that I'm more on schedule since being at home so much. And, yes, I've been cooking more, too. LOL However, I can't say I've been focused on being healthy but trying out new and fun recipes I've always wanted to try. Eating has sort of become my "happy" place, along with binge watching Netflix LOL. That said, I have also been taking more walks outside, just to get out, and I've come to discover just how out of shape I really am.

Comment

I found that when this all started, I was so frazzled that I was cooking mostly frozen things that just had to be thrown in the oven. Now that I'm figuring things out, I'm cooking from scratch more. I'm still snacking a lot more. Chips are my enemy! But I'm hoping that will start to die away, too. It's a matter of finding a way to deal with anxiety and finding a way to deal with the new way of living. It's hard to create new habits but once we do, it doesn't feel nearly as hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
        I found that when this all started, I was so frazzled that I was cooking mostly frozen things that just had to be thrown in the oven. Now that I'm figuring things out, I'm cooking from scratch more. I'm still snacking a lot more. Chips are my enemy! But I'm hoping that will start to die away, too. It's a matter of finding a way to deal with anxiety and finding a way to deal with the new way of living. It's hard to create new habits but once we do, it doesn't feel nearly as hard.
        Yes! I'm looking forward to when this is all over, but at the same time I'm not looking forward to having to find and adapt to new habits again...hahaha.

Comment

I can't seem to find my way into getting used to how things are. I hope it's done soon. I feel scattered. I eat whenever. I don't have any energy or motivation to exercise. Even my to-do list isn't getting done. I look at it and just don't have the drive.I'm wasting more time now that I have more of it than I ever did when I was always busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            I can't seem to find my way into getting used to how things are. I hope it's done soon. I feel scattered. I eat whenever. I don't have any energy or motivation to exercise. Even my to-do list isn't getting done. I look at it and just don't have the drive.I'm wasting more time now that I have more of it than I ever did when I was always busy.
            I can't get used to it either. Nothing feels normal and it just constantly feels like we're always waiting for new news about when things will change so we can't exactly settle into any routine. This feels awful and I can't wait until the new normal is established. While everything remains on lockdown I just feel trapped.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post

I can't get used to it either. Nothing feels normal and it just constantly feels like we're always waiting for new news about when things will change so we can't exactly settle into any routine. This feels awful and I can't wait until the new normal is established. While everything remains on lockdown I just feel trapped.
              I've been feeling like this all along until yesterday when I found that things were starting to feel comfortable again. We just have to keep going. Keep doing it. Make routines for yourself. Not too many, but create times when you do things or at least an order of when things happen. That way, there's something to become normal for you. Give yourself something to feel normal about. Over time, more of it will feel that way even if it's not your routine.

Comment

Working...
              X