lemonade cleanses before dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemonade cleanses before dieting

Looking for opinions about drinking lemon juice in water with hot sauce as a cleanse for a day or two before getting a diet started. Is it best to start off all cleaned out for a fresh beginning?

oh no, I wouldn't do that at all. don't believe in cleanses and detoxes. They're all trash. They just stress out your body and make sure you're not getting vitamins and minerals that you need. If you want to start fresh, just begin eating healthy right away. no need to empty out. your body already naturally does that when you use the bathroom

Comment

Seriously, they're that bad? How is it so many diets start with them if they're that bad? I'm confused.

Comment

I wouldn't. I don't trust any of those types of extreme diet. Just start each meal with a salad if you want to make sure you're cleaned out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          Seriously, they're that bad? How is it so many diets start with them if they're that bad? I'm confused.
          I'd go so far as to say that some of them are bad, but some could even be dangerous, depending on your health or reaction to them. They could even be indirectly dangerous by starving you before you do something like driving, which needs alertness and good response time

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Got it. Won't be doing a lemonade cleanse Really appreciate this everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
              Thanks for all the advice. Got it. Won't be doing a lemonade cleanse Really appreciate this everyone.
              Glad to hear you're skipping that. It won't help you. You made a good choice researching it first!

Comment

Working...
              X