acupuncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acupuncture

Has anyone tried acupuncture for weight loss? Have you tried it in your ear? Does it hurt? Does it work? Thanks if you have any information!

I've tried acupuncture for weight loss and ya I had it in my ear lol. I didn't find it hurt...it just sorta felt really weird, a sensation that's really quite hard to describe. I'm sorry to say I didn't find it all that effective though. What I did find beneficial was discussing my overeating issues and patterns during my consultation with the acupuncturist. The reason is, it really helped me to see exactly how I was overeating in ways that I never realized. It's amazing what you learn about yourself and your habits when you have to discuss them with someone else. Anyway, sorry, I'm getting off topic. You need to discuss your overeating with the acupuncturist so they know which form of treatment would be best - in other words - they have to know what points on your body need to be targeted to help you find appetite control. I didn't have any electro stimulation applied though. If you decide to choose this natural weight loss method, keep in mind that it still require a major lifestyle change which may include ntutiritional counseling and Chinese herbal supplements.

Comment

That's awesome, TracyK. Your Acupuncturist should give up poking and prodding people with needles and give them health and weight loss advice instead haha. How many times have you had acupuncture? Does it hurt the first time you do it? The needles look like they're a couple of inches long sometimes!

Comment

I never knew there was acupuncture for weight loss. YIKES! you get it in your ear?! That's just too alternative for me.

Comment

It is a painless and very effective experience. It helps you to channel your energies in a freer flowing direction so that you don't need to fear cravings based on energy blockages

Comment

Acupuncture can be very healing and effective for the body and I have heard good things from people who have tried it for weight loss. What I would recommend is that if you are really interested in trying this, please make sure you choose an experienced and licensed acupuncturist, particularly one who is familiar with performing this type of traditional chinese medicine for weight loss. I had a friend who went to some quack and she ended up with more pain than she had before she started acupuncture.

Comment

Seriously? Getting a need in your ear to help with weight loss? And I thought enviroTodd's weight loss tip about colors was the most bogus thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                Seriously? Getting a need in your ear to help with weight loss? And I thought enviroTodd's weight loss tip about colors was the most bogus thing I've ever heard.
                Have you ever thought of saying something nice for a change You're not required to say anything if you don't have something of value to contribute, Speeddemon...that said, in this case, I couldn't agree with you more ha ha ha

Comment

I think that acupuncture would work wonderfully for weight loss. Here's why: if I spend a half hour getting needles jammed in my body, then I know that for that half hour, I won't be eating a Big Mac and fries hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
                    I think that acupuncture would work wonderfully for weight loss. Here's why: if I spend a half hour getting needles jammed in my body, then I know that for that half hour, I won't be eating a Big Mac and fries hahaha
                    Will there be less calories in the burger if it gets the acupuncture instead of me? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KenTraver View Post
                      That's awesome, TracyK. Your Acupuncturist should give up poking and prodding people with needles and give them health and weight loss advice instead haha. How many times have you had acupuncture? Does it hurt the first time you do it? The needles look like they're a couple of inches long sometimes!
                      I've had accupuncture about 10 times, About 4 times for weight loss and the other times were for other health issues. It doesn't hurt and it shouldn't hurt. If it hurts, that's not a good sign. It feels weird. It's really hard to describe. It's the oddest sensation. I can't even really describe it as a stinging sensation. Don't get me wrong, you can tell that you've got a needle in you, but it's really not as scary as it looks or sounds.

Comment

Interesting. I never heard about acupuncture for dieting before. Guess you can learn something new everyday

Comment

Acupuncture is good 4 weight loss so is acupressure. I have tried acupressure and liked the results. If u dont like needles in ur ear try acupressure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                            Acupuncture is good 4 weight loss so is acupressure. I have tried acupressure and liked the results. If u dont like needles in ur ear try acupressure lol.
                            Cool. Have you tried it? Both of them? How long does the effect last? Is it just appetite suppression?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                              Acupressure, isn't that like using fingertips on certain pressure points on the body? How does that help you lose weight? (And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely am curious)

Comment

Working...
                              X